All Over the Map!

Options
It's been a week of working out every day (even the weekend!) and eating healthy and staying under my calories (90% of the time) and I've not lost a single ounce! I know a week is not that long...but I wish I would have lost SOMETHING to show myself what I'm doing is good. I have a long term goal to lose so much weight and to get healthy, but I also want to lose a good chunk of it by October for my wedding. I'm not discouraged to keep going, but this is so darned difficult! I know the results will pay off in the long run, and it'll become easier with time, but getting over this initial hurdle is killing me! I started MFP in April 2011 and by August, I had lost 20 lbs. I didn't work out but maybe 3 days a week and I still ate a lot of junk food. By September, I started slacking A LOT. October through the new year, I wasn't doing anything and guess what? I gained it all back. I felt so defeated and realized that I needed to get back on track...not only for my health, my wedding, but for when I start trying for a baby. I want a healthy body, not just a skinny body. I realize that I'm the kind of person who HAS to go to the gym. I can't make any excuses or else my days in the gym start to dwindle down. I've been to the gym/exercised 9 days in a row (except yesterday...big work fiasco) and that's a personal record for me. I made myself go when I didn't want to and I'm proud of that. My other issue is that I'm starting to run out of ideas for meals. I don't eat a lof of meat, mostly because I'm just too picky about it. The only reason I even buy it is for my fiance. So, when it comes to cooking meals, it's pretty much all veggies and some carb....By the way, I LOVE carbs. And I know that can sabotage what I'm doing....but veggies alone don't fill me up. I have a big appetite. I always have. Do any of you picky meat eaters have any great, filling, cheap recipes that can help me? I do pretty amazing during the day with my food, but come dinner time...I'm stumped and usually eat something carb-laden. Please help!

Replies

• glowbuggy
    glowbuggy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I understand where u are comming from. I work out every day. And have even added some time to my workouts, stay under my cals for the day and at 1st i lost 5 lbs the 1st week, but now I am gaining it all back...
  • Aesto
    Aesto Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of meat so I can't help you there. Have you tried seafood. I eat a lot of chicken. The trick is to change it up. go out and buy marinades and spices. Try adding it to your salad, veggie wrap, and stir fry. Sometimes when I get home late and don't want to cook a big mean, I make make an omelette with lots of veggies. I use egg whites to cut down on calories. One other thing.... I got married over a year ago. I lost 10 pounds without even trying because of planning, stress, and just being so busy. Maybe the same thing will happen to you. Keep up the hard work. It WILL pay off. Good luck!
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    I eat lots of meat so I can't help you there. Have you tried seafood. I eat a lot of chicken. The trick is to change it up. go out and buy marinades and spices. Try adding it to your salad, veggie wrap, and stir fry. Sometimes when I get home late and don't want to cook a big mean, I make make an omelette with lots of veggies. I use egg whites to cut down on calories. One other thing.... I got married over a year ago. I lost 10 pounds without even trying because of planning, stress, and just being so busy. Maybe the same thing will happen to you. Keep up the hard work. It WILL pay off. Good luck!

This will just show you how weird I am about meat. I like seafood....but I really only like sushi. I haven't found a fish I like well enough cooked. I do like chicken...but the chicken at the grocery store has changed. It's so tough and chewy, and it just grosses me out...which sucks because that's the main meat I used to eat. I can't even tell you the last time I had chicken! Buying salad stuff is a great idea. I used to not buy lettuce that frequently because it would go bad, but I've actually been eating them a lot lately, so that'd be a good thing. I just miss having the heaviness of meat to a meal.