ideas for breakfast

Need some ideas for breakfast as eggs get old to me.

Replies

• rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    I usually soak whole rolled porridge oats in almond milk or soy milk the night before, then add sunflower seeds, honey, cinnamon and fruit (usually apple) the next morning.

And sometimes it's an tomato, fets & rocket omelette.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    - Whole wheat toast with peanut butter light smeared and sliced bananas on top (drizzle of honey optional)
    - Greek yogurt and fruit
    - Bulgur with dried cranberries and pecans
    - Oatmeal + whatever fruits/nuts you like
    - Protein or fruit shakes
    - Bran flakes + whatever fruits you like
    - Yogurt/granola/fruit parfait
    - Salad with lean protein (I know this sounds weird, but it's actually quite hydrating and good for you!)
    - Granola with fruit, yogurt, etc

There's TONS of options for breakfast! :)
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    I made this last night (for dinner) and had enough leftovers for breakfast.

Make a couple of poached eggs.

Make some polenta:
    6 cups boiling water
    1 3/4 cups corn meal
    salt to taste
    3 tbsp butter

Heat the water till it's boiling. Add the salt. Slowly wisk in the corn meal and cook till thick. Remove from heat and stir in the butter.

Take the polenta and make patties with it. Set them on a plate to cool.

While these are cooling sautee some onions, mushrooms, or peppers (all 3?) and leave on a burner to keep hot.

AFter the polenta has cooled a bit and is more solid place the patties on an electric griddle that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Cook until crispy.

To assemble:

Layer first the polenta, then the vegetables, and then the eggs on top. I also added a dash of hot sauce to mine, but you could put any topping you wish.
  • F1t6
    F1t6 Posts: 3
    !!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF FRESH FRUIT !!!!!

1) You're body is crying out for natraul sugars in the morning. Eat within 30 minutes of waking up to kick start your metabolism and finish your fruit off with some nuts (Almonds are nice in the morning and provide some very important brain boosting properties) Perhaps some Apple juice and a coffee to get the fluids up again after the nights fast!

2) Scrambled eggs (2 one whole and another without the egg yoke) with wholemeal toast and honey on top (Not too much mind!!!)

3) Wholemeal bread / toast with olive oil drizzled on top and Marmite + Peanut butter (Low GI)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I just had this, this morning and I am SO full!!!

Whole wheat toast with a slice of cheddar cheese and a hard boiled egg with a little salt. Oh and of course my coffee.

And it was SO good!
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Do you have a specific amount of calories you are wanting to stay beneath?

I really enjoy a whole wheat bagel thin with a Tbs of peanut butter on it. = 200 calories to get me started in the morning.
    I'm certain I could find better peanut butter to use, but I am presently just using what I have on hand.
  • I usually eat a complex breakfast.

Today, I had:
    1/2 c. strawberries, sliced
    1 egg + 1/4 c. egg whites, scrambled, with 1/2 tsp frank's red hot, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin rolled inside of
    1 Ole Xtreme wellness high fiber/high protein/low carb (71 calorie) tortilla
    3/4 c. multi-grain peanut butter cheerios with
    1/3 c. almond milk

(yesterday was just an apple and coffee)

the day before yesterday, I had:
    1 gala apple, sliced (with four or five of the slices cut into smaller pieces and eaten in):
    1 packet Thick & Hearty Oat Revolution apples and cinnamon oatmeal
    1 slice weight watchers whole wheat bread with
    1 TBSP reduced fat peanut butter
    2 servings of egg whites, scrambled with chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder
    coffee

So I usually have eggs, some type of cereal, and some kind of whole grain bread/wrap with some form of added protein (the peanut butter and tortilla are both good sources, and I alternate them, typically).

Sometimes I'll just have oatmeal and a Greek yogurt with fruit on the side (strawberries and blueberries are my favorites).

I also like pumpkin pie spiced oatmeal: 1/2 c. oatmeal (or 1/4 c. steel cut oats), 1/2 c. pumpkin puree, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1 c. almond milk, and 1 TBSP crushed almonds. Slow simmered on the stove. YUM. Really good with a fresh apple on the side.
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Turkey breakfast sasauge with a slice of wheat toast and fresh fruit.
    Quaker has a great Heart Medley Oatmeal with Apple, Cranberry and Almond. (Yummy)
    half of a Whole grain English Muffin toasted with low fat cheese and fresh fruit.

Good Luck!