What's your hobby/talent?

Options

Replies

• nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I make kitchen cabinets out of shiplap pine or matched pine wood. I also like making bread a lot and cooking in general.
  • LindsayHein
    LindsayHein Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Talent: Vocalist, Teacher, and I am really good at shaking my finger back and forth when telling a child to stop doing something. I didn't know I was good at this untill I did it to my roomate and it amazed her!

Hooby: Weather, Math, and Skiing.

I'm a pretty weird/eclectic person.
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    I build Drag Cars and Street Rods

The Red Nash is the one I have now

The black 1933 Ford I built in 1995

RebelRun2009173.jpg

scan0011.jpg

absolutley beautiful! waaa-ow I wish could own one of those, stunning cars, American cars are just magnificent
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    Talent: Singing. Have performed with several community opera companies. Recorded an album a few years ago

Hobbies: Scrapbooking, Sewing, Playing with my grandkids.

Obsession: Competition BBQ!!!!! I am the head cook for an all-girls competition BBQ team that has one Grand Championship and several Reserve Grand Championships under our belts. We kick butt with Ribs ... multiple 1st place wins in that category.
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options
    I play guitar and write music. I've played guitar since I was 5 years old. I studied with Mel Bay (his studio used to be located about 5 minutes from my house in St. Louis but it closed within the last couple of years), Bobby Caldwell, and Jose Smith.

I used to be in a band but I've seen over 400 concerts and played probably another 200 and I've lost about 30% of my hearing and have a bad case of tinnitus (ringing in the ears) so I no longer perform.

I own 6 guitars, a synthesizer and I have a recording studio in my house. There are lots of musicians in my family, including my musical genuis son who plays 5 instruments and has the best ear I've ever encountered (even better than my aunt who had perfect pitch and was a concert pianist).

I'm an Armenian and am related to Aram Kkatchaturian, a classical composer who wrote a famous piece of classical music called The Sabre Dance (I'm sure each and every one of you has heard it if you've ever watched a cartoon before). Here's a link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqg3l3r_DRI

Other than music, I love to read. Typically I read 20th Century American Literature. I read anything by Christopher Moore or Donna Tartt. Kurt Vonnegut is my favorite writer. I also love Patrick Suskind's amazing book Perfume.

I read a lot of books about evolution, physics, astronomy, politics, and Zen Buddhism.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I build Drag Cars and Street Rods

The Red Nash is the one I have now

The black 1933 Ford I built in 1995

RebelRun2009173.jpg

scan0011.jpg

AWESOME! I used to rebuild cars with my dad. :) I still help out from time to time. He's working on a custom '66 Nova right now. I also did a lot of the body work on the '91 Cadillac that was in my wedding. :)

caddy.jpg
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hobby: Starting to become working out -- woo hoo~! Also, watching anything animated. And reading.

Talent: drawing/sketching/painting
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hobbies: Dungeons & Dragons Online (MMORPG), sudoku puzzles, fanfiction writing (I've been consumed with that since successfully completing National Novel Writing Month in November - 50,000 words in 30 days? Yes I did!), reading fantasy books (George R.R. Martin, Eric Flint, etc.)

Talents: Crafting, up to and including: jewelry of many varieties, hand-sewing teddy bears, glass etching, basic crochet, and a general bent toward the "DIY" movement.

Other lesser talents might include: making dirty dishes appear faster than clean ones, chasing bunny rabbits around the house, and playing Legend of Zelda games when I can fit it in.

:laugh:
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Guees that proves my point about learning it in business school :-)
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Guees that proves my point about learning it in business school :-)

There was supposed to be a quote to that but i screwed it up and don't know how to delete it. oh wel.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    I can burp the ABC...I'm such a lady.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I do 5/10Ks and amateur photography as hobbies. :smile:
  • 3AMEureka
    Options

MFP should have a like button.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Cake decorating.. I'm new but I'm pretty good at it!!! :bigsmile:
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Jewelry Design - www.bcstonewear.com or www.facebook.com/bcstonewear (more photos on facebook right now)
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I sing and draw. Was a voice major, but now I'm the karaoke queen! I need to get back into art, I like sketching portraits.
  • GuerrillaHermit
    Options
    I am a percussionist and I compose music... I also rock at FPS games?
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Options

LOL. I would pay to hear this!
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My cupcakes: www.juleecakes.com