Replies

• BerylX
    BerylX Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - so many good ideas!!!
  • JessG11
    JessG11 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I enjoy toasted Lowfat Eggo waffles with natural peanut butter.

This was pretty much staple for me as a breakfast too. It's super quick and easy to eat on the go. But I'm trying to stay away from white flour and these have it...so I've replaced the waffles with whole grain to truly whole grain bread. I toast it, add a little natural PB and slice a banana on top for added sweetness....wonderfully filling and great!
  • tmzana
    tmzana Posts: 23
    Options
    That is a great website! Thanks!!
  • jpalimpsest
    Options
    hard boiled egg, 3 microwaved jimmy deans turkey sausage links, fruit

hardboiled egg, 1 slice Arnolds Jewish Rye melba thin with 1 Tbsp Smart Balance, fruit

Siggi's yogurt with 1/4 c Bear Naked Fit granola or Lizi's Belgian Chocolate granola, fruit
  • bigmama0611
    Options
    Try Egg Cupcakes -- bake an omelet in a cupcake pan, throw them in the freezer. Eat 2-3 (thaw in microwave). Great meal on the go! http://everydaypaleo.com/2010/03/24/egg-cupcakes/
  • lizmccl
    lizmccl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Simplicity and not too much time... I use better n' eggs (egg substitute) I make 2 serving which is 1/2 cup (60 calories) 1 slice Kraft 2% American Cheese (45 calories) and a meat... (what ever meat fits into my calorie goal for the day... Today I had Hillshire Farm ham (2 oz. 70 calories)... My breakfast was under 200 calories... You can add a light bread or multi-grain muffin if you plan higher calorie breakfasts!!!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    can of tuna in oil every morning = 160 calories

sometimes followed by some soup = 160-200 calories for 2 cups

that's usually enough and inexpensive, less than $2
  • Mahhafooznit
    Mahhafooznit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I do not know if someone said it already or not.

Quacker oats and 2-4 table spoons of lemon juice from concentrate. Tastes like a hot mess of lemonaid.
    Lemonaid is refreshing :P Good for digestion. No added extra sugar or calories. Just the basics for giving you energy.

If your in the theory of eating extremely healthy at least 80 percent of your meals. This is a good meal one.
    lean chicken or lean turkey makes for a good meal 2 and 3. (GRILLED)

Meal 4 is the one you make with all the flavour. I like lean turkey,chicken,hamburger chili that I have made in the
    slow cooker and frozen. Pick one type of meat for each chili. Sometimes tuna/salmon makes for a nice treat.

Meal 5 can be something to do with vegetables or spinach salad.

Consistancy is a good key for success.
  • Michaelaraedixon
    Options
    I buy a 2 pound turkey ham and a thing of egg whites-natural egg beaters. I have 3 servings of the egg beaters and a 2 ounce slice of the turkey ham. Lots of protein and only 175 calories. Takes like 3 to 4 minutes to make it. It is a yummy warm breakfast!
  • Michaelaraedixon
    Options
    LOL< I make the same thing all the time! I dont usually add the cheese though! I will have to try that! Sounds yummy! Thanks!
  • infallible
    infallible Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I make my breakfast sandwiches (100 cal bagel thin, 2% cheese, meat of some type) for the week on Sunday. Then, each night before bed, I'll make my eggs and put those on the sandwich I'm taking the next day. 30 sec in the microwave to heat it all up next morning and I'm out the door. :)

Oh and I make my eggs (3T of egg beaters in this case) in the microwave. Just get a small plate or wide bottom bowl, spray with butter flavor Pam and nuke for 45-50 seconds. Super easy. But make sure you rinse your bowl or plate after wards cause cold micro'ed egg can be a pain to clean up.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I enjoy toasted Lowfat Eggo waffles with natural peanut butter.

This was pretty much staple for me as a breakfast too. It's super quick and easy to eat on the go. But I'm trying to stay away from white flour and these have it...so I've replaced the waffles with whole grain to truly whole grain bread. I toast it, add a little natural PB and slice a banana on top for added sweetness....wonderfully filling and great!

I get the ones that are whole grain low-fat eggo waffles...
  • kugagirl
    Options
    This is my go to breakfast or when I am at work and only have use of a microwave. It is very filling and good for you.
    1/2 cup of one minute quaker oats
    1/2 cup of egg beaters or liquid egg whites
    1/2 cup of water
    Mix all together and cook in microwave for 2 minutes. If they are still mushy - stir and cook some more - spray with spray butter - add a little salt and some pepper and you have a great breakfast :)
    Enjoy~
  • nwilson1213
    nwilson1213 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, these are making me hungry!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I like the Jimmy Dean delights breakfasts. I know, its processed frozen food...yada yada yada, high sodium etc.... but when you look at the calories they are really low. And they are filling. I hate cereal, oatmeal, fruit. I like a little meat with my breakfast and these fit the bill.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    My new favorite inspired by another user on here is Chobani with berries (blue or black) with lemon extract and Truvia. SUPER yummy!
  • panduhburr
    panduhburr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are good!

Also...You can pre make breakfast burritos with your favorite fillings, wrap them up and put them in a freezer bag to freeze 'em. Just pop 'em in the microwave or toaster oven while you get ready for your day and BAM..breakfast!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Take a couple of eggs and crack them into a large coffee mug, add whatever veggies/toppings you like (I usually do bell peppers, onions, a little chili powder for a kick, etc). Then, zap for a minute or more in the microwave and voila you have cooked eggs. Stick it in a whole wheat or multi grain english muffin and you have a homemade egg mcmuffin.

omg I love this idea!! I've never had microwaved eggs though -- do they taste any different?
  • debbandoli
    Options
    Thanks for the Emily website. The food looks yummy, can't wait to try a few
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This morning I made the most delicious breakfast using a Mission carb control tortilla, spread 2 T of spreadable goat cheese, then I cooked 2 slices of red onion in a little almond oil (canola or olive works fine) and added 3T of egg beaters and added that to my tortilla, rolled it up and it was sooooo delicious and filling! I was not hungry all morning. Took me about 5 minutes to do.

That sounds really good! I love anything with goat cheese!