Chick Fil A Style Nuggets

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Chicken Nuggets are my kid’s favorite food. But I hate feeding him McDonalds or frozen nuggets all the time. We’ve all seen the scary makings of the nuggets as delicious as they are *LOL*

sorry-to-gross-you-out-but-mcdonalds-chicken-nuggets-used-to-be-made-of-this-pink-goop.jpg

So, I’ve toyed with making my own nuggets for years and they’re always just fine. But this week, I think I found the secret to amazing nuggets. They taste just like Chick Fil A Nuggets and my son has been eating them hot or cold so I thought I’d share in case you ever want to make your own nuggets….

Measurements are a rough guess.
Cut up two big breasts into bite size chunks (that made over 6 servings for me)

2 eggs
1/4c heavy cream (I’m sure you could use milk)
Whisk in bowl & soak your chicken in them (if you have only 5 minutes to soak them, fine, but they’re better soaked for over an hour actually.)

In a Ziploc:
1c flour
1tbsp Wildtree Rotisserie Chicken Blend (OR just salt & pepper or a steak seasoning – whatever you want)
2-3tbsp powdered sugar (yes… powdered sugar)

Shake your chickens like you mean it & fry in a medium-hot skillet (took me about 2 minutes/side). I fried mine in 3 parts Natural Grapeseed Oil and 1 part Butter Grapeseed Oil. I’m sure it would be great with Peanut Oil or just Canola, though, I just happen to cook with Grapeseed oil.

405888_10150522064622545_535347544_8947369_1427175661_n.jpg

Replies

• odusgolp
    Options
    Per Serving:

343 Cal

22 Carb

18 Fat

23 Protein

This is what the recipe builder comes up with, but I included ALL of the oil I fried it in, all of the cream and eggs, etc. You don't actually ingest it all, but... whatever. It's not healthy exactly :blushing:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    bump!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    YES!

Where's the pic of the finished product?
  • ambernicholewms
    Options
    While we are on the subject of chick fil a

if you combine montreal steak and lemon pepper seasoning on chicken breast and grill them it tastes the same as a chargrilled chicken sandwich.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    They look yummy
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I had NO idea that they were made with strawberry ice cream!

I'm going to make these ME friendly! YAY!

So I posted on my wall, since I'm dairy free and gluten free instead of the eggs and cream I'm going to make this using an altered vegan cheeze sauce my friend blogged about:

http://veganrockergirl.blogspot.com/2010/08/ooey-gooey-cheesy-vegan-nachos.html

Instead of wheat flour I used sorghum flour
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    That strawberry ice cream looks good!

The nuggets do too!! Thanks for sharing!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I had NO idea that they were made with strawberry ice cream!

whoa. hey now. whoa whaaat? is that chicken slurry?

- - -

thanks for an alternative!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If you aren't sure what you're looking at. YES.. the pink stuff is processed chicken pre nugget... /vomit
  • odusgolp
    Options
    *LOL* I hear rumor that McD's no longer does use meat paste :)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/04/mechanically-separated-meat-chicken-mcnugget-photo_n_749893.html

Oh Huffington Post :bigsmile:
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    If you aren't sure what you're looking at. YES.. the pink stuff is processed chicken pre nugget... /vomit

Ohhhh.....well it makes me want strawberry ice cream! YUM!
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I love chick fil a!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-a has grilled nuggets now too. Yum!
  • thunderbolt37
    Options
    Looks quite yummy. Thanks for sharing. I'll try them with some oven baked sweet potatoe fries for a good cheat meal on the weekend. My weakness is an original chick-fil-a sandwich and a large sweet tea split. Now I have another option.
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • MaryJaneElizabeth
    Options
    Sound syummy, def going to be trying this one. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I think mechanically separated chicken is wonderful. Wiothout it all that protein would go to waste. Yes, it looks gross, but thanks to modern science it can be turned into something tasty. Not as tasty as homemade nuggets like yours, or course!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump