Chick Fil A Style Nuggets

odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Chicken Nuggets are my kid’s favorite food. But I hate feeding him McDonalds or frozen nuggets all the time. We’ve all seen the scary makings of the nuggets as delicious as they are *LOL*

sorry-to-gross-you-out-but-mcdonalds-chicken-nuggets-used-to-be-made-of-this-pink-goop.jpg

So, I’ve toyed with making my own nuggets for years and they’re always just fine. But this week, I think I found the secret to amazing nuggets. They taste just like Chick Fil A Nuggets and my son has been eating them hot or cold so I thought I’d share in case you ever want to make your own nuggets….

Measurements are a rough guess.
Cut up two big breasts into bite size chunks (that made over 6 servings for me)

2 eggs
1/4c heavy cream (I’m sure you could use milk)
Whisk in bowl & soak your chicken in them (if you have only 5 minutes to soak them, fine, but they’re better soaked for over an hour actually.)

In a Ziploc:
1c flour
1tbsp Wildtree Rotisserie Chicken Blend (OR just salt & pepper or a steak seasoning – whatever you want)
2-3tbsp powdered sugar (yes… powdered sugar)

Shake your chickens like you mean it & fry in a medium-hot skillet (took me about 2 minutes/side). I fried mine in 3 parts Natural Grapeseed Oil and 1 part Butter Grapeseed Oil. I’m sure it would be great with Peanut Oil or just Canola, though, I just happen to cook with Grapeseed oil.

405888_10150522064622545_535347544_8947369_1427175661_n.jpg

Replies