JIF OMG!

Options
2»

Replies

• carriebostic
    Options
    Saturated fat is bad for you, though, and I avoid it as best as I can.

No, it's not.

I always heard that it was... ? :-/ IDK how to think about fat content.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Saturated fat is bad for you, though, and I avoid it as best as I can.

No, it's not.

I always heard that it was... ? :-/ IDK how to think about fat content.
    Too much saturated fat is bad for you, sure, even too much water can kill you, but millions of years of evolution wouldn't adapt our bodies to synthesise saturated fat naturally if it was poisonous to us. It's trans fat you should be worried about. Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat are referred to as essential fats, because they can't be synthesized naturally. They have to be eaten. Your calories from fat should be roughly equal amounts of all three and total calories from fat should be roughly equal to your calories from protein.
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Did you know Jif has sugar in it? Why would peanut butter need sugar?! I buy Adams, the ingredient list is: Peanuts, contains less than 1% salt.

I used to be a hater of peanut butter that seperates, but I learned that once you stir it the first time, if you store it in the refrigerator then it won't seperate again.

Again, why does peanut butter need sugar? Tastes just fine without, in fact, imho it tastes better.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I like the Jif on the go because I have a highly allergic to peanuts (and other nuts) 6 year old boy at home. We can't even eat peanut butter around him :( So...they are convienient for me to send to school with my other two children and for me to bring to work IF I run out of my Skippy reduced fat here :) I keep a jar of it in my desk drawer :)