Eating when Your NOT Hungry

Options
Hi All,

So I have gotten into healthy eatting.

I have picked up some tricks of the trade,
and I have gone from not being a breakfast person,
to doing so to help my motablisum pick up, and getting my body going.

but latly I have not wanted to eat breakfast, but i know if i dont i will be even hungrier for lunch, and I will then over eat, so I force myself to eat anyways.
Mind you I never eat more than I want, but is this wrong, if I'm not hungry should I not eat. I was just wondering.

Your feed back would help me out tons.

THAMKS =D

Replies

• jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat, i have to force myself to eat breakfast, i usually dont get hungry otherwise until lunch time....but ive just been eating something small because you always here "breakfast is the most important meal of the day".....but lunch and dinner are really the only times i use to eat. I just eat either a granola bar, cereal, or cottage cheese for breakfast, cant handle much more id be sick.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I never understood how someone could be on a diet and not be hungry. You must be doing something right.
    I would just eat when you are hungry as long as you are getting the proper nutrition.
    I don't believe it's when you eat, it's what you eat.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm not hungry almost every day. I also ride a bike that doesn't go anywhere. It kinda balances out.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel like eating breakfast, don't eat it! Seriously, there's plenty of time in the day for you to eat.:smile:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You've got to strike a balance between eating when you feel like eating, and hitting your targets for the day.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Don't eat breakfast if you don't want to. The idea that it is necessary to "jump start' your metabolism has been disproven.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    It's not wrong at all. I force myself lunch every day because I know if I don't I'll sit there at 4pm thinking how hungry I am and want to snack but I have to wait for dinner and then I'll over do it (how do ya like that run-on sentence). Whatever keeps you from over eating or eating the wrong things because you're ravenous, do it.
  • ChubbyMamma
    Options
    Thankd so the info, it really helps. =D
  • Lowlowrain
    Options
    Me and my fiance have the same problem, neither of us r breakfast people but we still try to eat at least a handful of cereal or a poptart or a granola bar, just something small.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Can I offer looking at the other side of the equation.... When we were or are (no disrespect to those that just use this site and are of normal weight) overweight and had the bad habits that got us to being obese, wasn't that the main reason we got fat??? We ate when we wasn't hungry....... Food was comfort and it didn't matter if you really was hungry or not because it was all about the chips and candy and junk. Stuff ourselves and feel guilty and that only lasted til you had room to fill the void again... So now that we are on the other side and trying to eat healthy is there really a problem getting the calories our bodies need to continue our weightloss and healthy lifestyles..... At 560 lbs. I consumed over 6000 calories a day everyday.... Today at 265 lbs. I HAVE to eat 3200 calories to lose an average of 1 to 2 lbs. a week and I eat every 3 to 4 hours whether I am hungry or not because now I understand I am fueling my body to get to my ultimate goal and I am getting there.... This may just be my own personal thought process but thought I would share...... Do what works best for you........
  • Rachelle27
    Options
    I've had this same problem myself. I was never hungry for breakfast, but then would overeat at lunch and dinner. I finally figured out a couple of tricks that worked for me.

1. Drinking a large glass of water when I first wake up and a half hour before meals. This helps me eat less at meals and gets me ready for breakfast in the morning.

2. Set a time (3-4 hours before bedtime) and don't eat after that time. If you are hungry have some water or decaf tea before bed. You aren't going to need a bunch of calories right before bedtime and this helps you wake up feeling hungry and ready for breakfast.

While you should never eat if you aren't hungry I found a lot of souces that advocate eating the bulk of your calories earlier in the day rather then right before bed. Hope this helps! :wink:
  • laFuerte
    laFuerte Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    this has been a strugle for me. in the last few months i have been really in balance(at least most days) it is sooooo true that we have to fuel ourselves. be mindful of input and output. you really have to make it balanced. i don't like to eat before the gym so i make a protein shake. everything my body needs. i have lost .5 to 2 lbs per week in the last few weeks and i owe it to making the true change of total balance. there has been times where i did not feel hungry but i knew i had just burned several hundred calories. i feel my best when i have good nutrition. so i say EAT! definitly eat breakfast and try small meals throughout the day. YOUR BODY WILL THANK YOU!!! good luck!