I have no "pals." Help!

Options
Hi!

I've been on this site for at least a month and I just can't seem to find any friends. Or the friends I have, don't log in for days at a time. I'm trying to lose 40 pounds. I'm super duper active--I live in Colorado--skiing, hiking, etc. However, I've discovered exercise doesn't do anything to cut weight without maintaining a healthy diet. For example, last year, I decided to train for a 10K (when I started I couldn't even run a mile), hoping that I could shed some weight. Well, I did end up running the 10K Bolder Boulder in it's entirety in May (didn't stop to walk once!), but I didn't lose a pound. In fact, I think I put on about 5 extra. Talk about demoralizing. Does anyone else have a similar story?

I've also tried Weight Watchers, but I feel like it's just too expensive for what it offers. Then, I discovered My Fitness Pal. My problem is that I track all my food for the first 3-4 days of the week and then all hell breaks loose on the weekend. I could really use that weekend support!

Thanks for reading and reaching out!

Also, if there's anyone here in the Boulder area, I could use a local weight loss friend. All my friends are so fit, it makes me feel like an outcast.

Replies

• timeformetofly
    timeformetofly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi I will be your fitness pal, I am usually on line on and off most of the day.
  • wannabehealthy1980
    Options
    Same here, friend me if you want. I am on and off all day long :)
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I struggle with weekends too, but that's one of the things I'm hoping to focus on more in the weeks ahead. I started this journey the last week of November and was losing the first few weeks and after re-losing the weight I lost at Christmas, I've hit a plateau.

I log in every day and try to catch up with my friends on my news feed.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    hi! im not from the USA (england here!) but im a recent joiner, been trying weight watchers but think it lets me have too many calories, and i find the tracking difficult on the site.

so anywho, im here, got about 60 pounds to lose... seriously unfit (first exercise session today!) and really need to get fit but also need to lose some weight.

if you want someone who logs in daily please say hi :)
  • angraham2
    angraham2 Posts: 128
    Options
    request sent.
  • allypally9
    allypally9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :) i log in everyday and like to have pals to encourage and be encouraged by!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    add me too!!! i live in colorado also
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm in the uk but you can add if you want :-)
  • Veronicabedjakian
    Options
    I need friends as well. Need motivation to continue to lose.
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am not great at weekends mostly b/c of my internet connection but will definately try to keep you encouraged!
  • Bevin3014
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well (and that goes for anyone).
    I do slack a bit, as I have issues that keep me from being successful in losing weight. BUT I like to think I'm a great support for others :)
  • melisssaarielle
    melisssaarielle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I hate weekends, they ruin me too! you can add me. :)
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You've found a great place to keep you on track. You're welcome to add me if you like. Good luck!
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Add me...I need to lose forty five but i'm on every day it'd be nice to have friends with recipe ideas and stuff... i'm a fast food junkie trying to get back to a healthy lifestyle.
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am here everyday. Since I am home most days, I try to log on every time I eat, drink, or exercise and log, as for me that is a big part of the battle. (being able to see it all listed out) I have 40-50 pounds to lose and have found it extremely difficult. I find that I get discouraged also when I do a lot of exercising and healthy eating but for some reason still don't lose. So yes...I understand!

We will get there though! With the right attitudes, it is bound to work sooner or later!
  • jennifurious
    jennifurious Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone. This is just amazing!
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I have the same problem on the weekends lol (and others day too). Once a heard a nutritionist on tv, she told we should give us 2 hours free (eat what you want) on sunday or saturday then go back to diet.

It is one way to eat what we like and two hours are not going to ruin one week effort. I will give a try.
  • tx_leigh
    tx_leigh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I struggle with the weekends as well.
  • CRichards22
    Options
    Me too! Add me if you like! The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned, I only have 2 friends! :-D
  • Cat_296
    Cat_296 Posts: 40
    Options
    Likewise - feel free to friend me (that goes for anyone!). I'm on every day (probably more than I should be!). I'm in the UK, but also struggle with hectic weekends!!