Breakfast Ideas?

Options
Frances0303
Frances0303 Posts: 2 Member
Can anyone help with recipes for Breakfast. That is my hardest meal to prepare.

Replies

• washington_apple
    washington_apple Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How simple are you wanting your recipes? I've been on this kick every morning for the past week or so:

1 Cage-Free egg scrambled with a dash of milk
    2 Kroger pre-cooked turkey sausage links
    1/2 cup fresh blackberries
    1 slice whole wheat toast
    Coffee :-)

The sausage links come in prepackaged 2 link packs that simply take 45 seconds in the microwave to cook. My egg takes maybe 3 minutes to scramble and of course the toast and washing of blackberries takes minimal time too. I have a hot breakfast full of protein with fiber added in in less than 10 minutes!!

I alternate between the above, cereal and fruit, or yogurt and nuts. Occasionally I have a monster craving for a McDonald's Egg McMuffin but try to keep those to one a month :)

Happy Eating!
  • BobbyMorgan
    Options
    2 Cage Free Omega-3 eggs
    You can add veggies, meat, cheese whatever you like
    Dash(s) of Hot Sauce
    Pinch of:
    Garlic Powder
    Salt
    Pepper
    Non stick cooking spray or enough butter to coat the bottom of a small frying pan

Whisk it all up for about 1-2 minutes and pour it into the Frying pan or Omelet pan if you have one. Cook it on medium heat for a couple of minutes covered. Flip and add your stuffing. Let cook one more minute and then fold it over and put it on a plate.

Not my Prettiest Omelet but it tastes good. Sometimes i will steam some steamed asparagus to it if i have the time.

[img]http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q484/bobbymorgan23/Weightloss Journey/2012-01-11_09-18-27_114.jpg[/img]
  • GoStaceyGo
    GoStaceyGo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Broccoli cheese and egg omlet

2 egg whites
    1 egg
    1 tbsp milk of choice
    salt
    pepper
    1/2 cup broccoli
    low fat/fat free cheddar cheese
    YUM
    match that with coffee, tea and some fruit and ur all set

OR

oatmeal!!!!
    get the plain stuff and u can add whatever you want!
    my special face is plain oatmeal cooked with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of natural jam
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Go to eggbeaters.com and there are a lot of nice low cal recipes! :smokin:
  • BobbyMorgan
    Options
    here's another one that i make ahead of time.

Quaker Steel Cut oats

Just follow the recipe on the back. I add water, though you could add milk if you wanted to.

Just before it is done i will throw a carton of blue berries in it, or raisins, or whatever fruit you like. I also add cinnamon to taste. One full cup of oatmeal with last me about 4 days. Just wake up, pop it in the microwave and bam, you've got breakfast.
  • BobbyMorgan
    Options
    Or a Shake

8 Ounces Chobani non-fat greek yogurt
    6 Medium size Strawberries
    1/2 Banana
    Some ice.

Throw it in a blender. Sometimes ill add a couple of Tablespoons of Peanut Butter to this.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Apple Pie Breakfast. Is good with some extrra sweetening :love:

http://www.cookingwithjax.com/2011/01/apple-pie-breakfast.html
  • Janiece65
    Janiece65 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Toasted English muffin (I use Thomas HIgh Fiber)
    In ramekin, microwave southwestern Eggbeaters, Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage patty, and 1/8 cup fat free cheddar cheese.

Yummy high protein breakfast sandwich, 213 calories, keeps you full for hours.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of milk
    1 cup Raisin Bran

1 Package of Jimmy Dean mini sausage biscuits
    1 paper towel
    1 microwave for about 1 minute
  • kelfromhell
    kelfromhell Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know it is processed, but if you are a bacon lover, the butterball everday light and crispy turkey bacon is only 30 calories for 2 slices.....crumbled up in eggs with veggies it's awesome! Plus you can freeze it and it's easy to thaw in the sink in some water....
    PS, the sodium is less than regular bacon too.
  • code156
    code156 Posts: 31
    Options
    Awesome fast protein shake that tastes amazing(250cal, 22g protein, lots of antioxidants):

1 cup: Vanilla flavored soy milk, skim, or amlomd milk.
    1 cup: Frozen blueberries
    1/2 Scoop: Vanilla whey protein powder
  • HOWDY11
    HOWDY11 Posts: 23
    Options
    I've started to have a slimfast shake and my husband who refused to eat breakfast is having them now too! I can drink it in the car opn the way to the gym in the morning and only 170 calories, and lots of the requirements for vitamins and minerals!
  • audreanna76
    Options
    throw all the ingredients below in a coffee mug and cook in the microwave for 3-4 minutes and enjoy!
    2/3 cup of jimmy dean turkey sausage crumbles
    1/2 cup of egg beaters
    1 baby bell light cheese
    a couple leaves of baby spinach

OR
    1/2 cup rolled old fashioned oats
    1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1/2 cup of water
    1/2 banana
    1 tbsp hersheys sugar free chocolate chips
    cook all the ingrediants above over stovetop to a boil...then reduce to low and simmer for 10 minutes. let stand 2 minutes and enjoy!

Both of those recipes fill me up until lunch time!
  • kelfromhell
    kelfromhell Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Here is a favorite of mine from WeightWatchers.
    Ingredients
    6 slice(s) uncooked turkey bacon, sliced crosswise into 1⁄4-inch strips
    2 cup(s) uncooked broccoli, frozen, chopped
    1 small uncooked red onion(s), chopped
    1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
    2 tsp Italian seasoning
    2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
    1 cup(s) buttermilk
    3 large egg(s)
    3 large egg white(s)
    4 Tbsp (grated) parmesan cheese, freshly grated
    1/2 tsp table salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground

Instructions
    Place the oven rack in the center of the oven; preheat the oven to 350ºF. Heavily spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.

Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat. Add the bacon and sauté until crispy, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.

Return the skillet to the heat. Add the broccoli, onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning; cook until the vegetables are just tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the flour and the cooked bacon. Set aside to cool.

Whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, egg whites, cheese, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until blended. Stir in the cooled vegetable mixture, then spoon evenly into the muffin cups. Bake until set in the center, about 20 minutes. To remove, run a narrow rubber spatula or knife around the edge of each muffin cup. Yields 3 mini egg cups per serving.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    My standard is half a whole wheat bagel thin toasted topped with Jif natural peanut butter (when I run out though I am gonna make my own peanut butter ---just ground peanuts).

When I really want to go crazy, I make french toast with a slice of whole wheat bread dipped in one organic cage-free egg and topped with sugar-free or actual maple syrup
  • haasil
    haasil Posts: 2
    Options
    Breakfast burrito

Whole wheat Tortilla
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites (scrambled)
    Fresh Salsa
    FF sour cream
    Low Fat cheese (optional):tongue:
  • nkosky
    nkosky Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Sounds delicous! And I love breakfast burritos!!
  • llrllr1
    llrllr1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    2/3 c nonfat plain greek yogurt
    1/2 c frozen wild blueberries
    1 T ground flax seed
    1T honey
    12 raw almonds, chopped

Mix it all up - and it is a flavorful, crunchy, sweet (and cold with the frozen blueberries) breakfast and it keeps you full until lunch.
    The yogurt, blueberries, honey and almonds can all be purchased at Costco in bulk
  • Camsdette
    Camsdette Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Check out Skinnytaste.com. There are some great recipes there.
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Some really great ideas!