What's for dinner tonight?

Options

Replies

• JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    healthy chicken parmesan (boneless, skinless breast meat with no breading), egg noodles with butter and parmesan cheese with a spinach salad and homemade salad dressing, salad has baby spinach, almonds, cucumber, apple and cheese.
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste asian grilled chicken with french fries (homemade, skinnytaste recipe as well) and steamed veggies. Totally doesn't go together but I wanted the chicken and my daughter wanted french fries.
  • smith4304
    smith4304 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We are making pork and I will have some veggies but I'm not sure how to prepare the pork in a yummy and nutritious way...

It's probably to late to start this for tonight, but for in the future. The most easiest pork recipe I have is my all time favorite! it just melts in your mouth!!

Put how ever many pork chops in a crock pot that you want. and Cover them with low sodium chicken broth and throw an onion soup mix packet in it. Mix the seasoning into the broth. That's it, cook till done.

I know it sounds plain but trust me, it's AMAZING!! and so so so cheap and simple. I can get it ready in 2 min in the morning and eat it that evening! Yum! Try is sometime, the pork gets so soft and flavorful it just falls apart almost when you touch it!
  • kristal_1973
    kristal_1973 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Beef and Portabella Patti Melt (299 cals on eatingwell.com) green beans, tossed salad.
  • Mommy2boys1girl
    Mommy2boys1girl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Spicy Honey Chicken Breasts and Broccoli. Recipe below for the chicken.

Spicy Honey Chicken
    by Our Best Bites

8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2lbs (you could use breasts as well)
    2 tsp vegetable oil

Rub:
    2 tsp granulated garlic
    2 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp coriander
    1 tsp kosher salt
    1 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder (it's there in the spice aisle...you just have to look hard)

Glaze:
    1/2 cup Honey
    1T Cider Vinegar

Combine the rub spices in bowl and mix well.

Use kitchen shears to trim off any excess fat from the chicken pieces. Pat dry. Drizzle oil over chicken and rub in with your hands to lightly coat all the pieces. Then toss chicken with the spice rub to coat all sides well. Use your hands and get in there! Grill chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.

While chicken is cooking, warm honey in the microwave so it's not so thick. Add the vinegar and combine well. Reserve 2T honey glaze for later. Take the rest and brush on chicken (both sides) in the final moments of grilling.

I'm gonna warn you that this can make a hot mess, literally. It's sugar, and it's gonna drip. But the smelly smoke is worth it for a minute or two. Just leave your grill on for a few minutes after the chicken is done to burn off any excess glaze. It's totally worth it once you taste this stuff.

If you don't have a bbq, try it on an indoor grill pan or use your broiler. Just be sure to open a window in case you burn your glaze!
  • rachelmarie1
    rachelmarie1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    HEY! I made an ENTIRE dinner in about 10 minutes... The star of my meal was Parmesan Crusted Swai for dinner. The original recipe called for tilapia, but i had swai. It was the first time i made it and it tasted FANTASTIC!! super low calories. The following link gives step by step instructions with pictures for this tasty meal.

4-4oz Tilapia fillets
    ½ cup (30g) Fiber One Cereal (or All Bran)
    ¼ cup (20g) Parmesan Cheese
    ½ tsp onion powder
    ½ tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp Italian Seasoning
    Salt & Pepper
    Non-stick cooking spray

quickie instructions::
    preheat broiler...
    blend cereal (i used All~Bran), cheese (i used a parmesan/romano blend), and the seasonings together.
    (i used magic bullet to blend smooth)
    coat fillets in mixture... (i unintentionally coated them heavily and could only coat 3 fillets)
    cook on 2nd shelf from top under broiler for 3-4 minutes on each side
    Eat and Enjoy!

Servings.....Amount Per Serving.......Calories.........Fat...Fiber....WWP
    4..................1 breaded 4 oz fillet ........135................ 3g.....2g........3..................if prepared by orig. recipe

3..................1 breaded 4 oz fillet.........123................4g......1g........?............carbs 5..... protein 18
    ................. (the way i made it)

Try it... it is super yummy!! I completed the meal with steamed carrots/sweet corn and some 90 second garden vegetable rice.. total calories per serving for my meal was 463. Hope everyone has a great dinner... (the rice is actually what added the calories to the meal). :drinker:

http://greenlitebites.com/2007/12/29/crispy-baked-parmesan-crusted-tilapia/
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Baked chicken breast (seasoned only with s & p), some homemade cilantro lime rice, and some black bean and corn salsa to top it.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I made round steaks last night in the skillet after marinating them with olive oil, s&p, and worchestershire (wostechechecheche-) sauce, seared them, then had a small baked potato with butter and two eggs fried in the pan juices...

We have 2 leftover steaks tonight, probably going to make steak and eggs with beans.

***NOPE, just realized the beans would add 40 someodd grams of carbs, screw that, I'm adding 2 pieces of pepper bacon instead! :PP
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Well i am starting my part time job again tonight waitressing at TGI Friday's...while their menu is less than healthy i have found a few good options i can customize. tonight i will have 2 sides of the roasted vegetables, sans oil... and a 5oz dry grilled chicken breast... and a side of cherry tomatoes :)
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    turkey wings, peas, and corn for the kids, protein shake for me...

10502719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That sounds good!
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Morning Star Farms - Grillers California Turk'y, 1 Burger
    Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats - 100 Calorie Whole Grain White, 1 Roll
    .....tonight is a "quickie"....
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    tilapia, garlic herb veggies (broccoli & carrots), and bake potato :happy: yum!!!
  • NHBourque
    Options
    Homemade Chicken Cacciatore on Spaghetti squash :)
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Pasta primavera made with barilla plus pasta, mushrooms, asparagus, spinach and chicken stock with a salad
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    My wife is sick...so soup. Probably egg flower from the local chinese restaurant.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking turkey burgers, or maybe raw ahi tuna with avocado & sesame. and wine. definitely wine...
  • Nhh2012
    Nhh2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Broiled cod, greens, and mashed potatoes.:wink:
  • peggyj49
    peggyj49 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Swiss Steak
    2 pounds round steak or cube steak browned
    1 large onion chopped
    1 green bell pepper chopped
    2 cans diced tomatoes
    salt and pepper

brown onions and peppers . Brown meat. Spray crockpot and put meat in bottom. Mix rest of ingredient and pour over meat. Cook on low 8 or 9 hours. Or cook on high for 4 or 5 hours.

tonight I am having Crockpot Swiss Steak, mashed potatoes, and No Bake Light Cheesecake.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    stuffed zucchini 'boats'
    (Ground turkey breasts, grated cheese and inside of zucchini stuffed into a hallowed out half a zucchini :) soooo good!