Young Working Women (career, not corner)

Options
Hi ladies! I'm Morgan, 26 years with a full time desk job, a night class, and busy volunteer/social life. I want to lose about 15 more pounds. I’m no longer overweight so the last few pounds aren’t flying off. I eat clean (90% of the time) and enjoy trying to new workouts and challenges. I figure there are a lot of other young working women out there just like me. This is more to see if there is an interest in starting a motivational group and hold each other accountable.

I'm thinking of check-ins, tips, recipes, new ideas, weekly challenges, and really anything else you want to talk about.

Any takers?

Replies

• CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey Morgan! I'm back in on this one! :)

I'm Casey, 25, a nanny, and happily maried to the best man on earth since 2009.
    I've recently discovered that I LOVE cooking, so I'm always testing new things and torturing my poor, gag-on-all-vegetables husband. I graduated in 2009 with a degree in Spanish Language and Lit, and a minor in Psychology. The one kryptonite food I can't stop dreaming about is cake. (Good sweet goodness, I love me some cake. ;)
  • JBNL
    JBNL Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In! :)
  • mgmyyear2012
    Options
    In please! I'm Meghan, 22, and working 60 hours a week. I can use all the motivation I can get! :)
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 26 desk job and crazy busy outside work.
  • CaseyBee
    CaseyBee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    In please! I'm Meghan, 22, and working 60 hours a week. I can use all the motivation I can get! :)
    Goodness sakes! What do you do? (Haha, I'm usually close to 50, but I work for a bunch of doctors so life goes crazy OFTEN. :)
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    Awesome!

I'm glad you're back too Casey!

JB I know you'll love this.

Also I should credit this idea to osucristina. She's deactivated her account but she created the 1st version of this group.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm up for joining in!

Hello - I'm Cheryl, 24.

I work full time, and I'm a freelance writer. Sitting for an average of 10 hours on a weekday, and about 2-5 hours on weekend days, so about 50-60 hours a week. Get my exercise in with one hour walks each ways when commuting to the office, and cycling or using Kinect in the evening for about half an hour.

I seem to just drift through the week from Monday morning until Friday evening, but then at the weekends I'm only working freelance so I find a little time to myself, catch up on everything I should have done during the week, and get things back in order ready to start again on Monday.
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sarah, I would love to join! I am 25 I work anywhere from 40-60 hours a week between 2 jobs and helping out my family and have been married for 4 years...wow already! Thanks for starting this up! Can't wait to start the motivation!
  • mgmyyear2012
    Options
    I'm an HR manager in retail...I work some long days and then some more at home. :)
  • AmberM6912
    Options
    I'm totally back on board for this one! I was doing great when we had the first group going. I'm glad you are getting it going again!

I am Amber! I have about 15 more pounds to lose. I am 27 and I work in a lab as a development chemist. I got engaged in August and am getting married in June! I am so excited! Needless to say, I want to lose as much as I can by April when my dress fittings are scheduled. I can't wait to have a great support network again!
  • Baby_Chim
    Options
    Very much in!

I'm Kim, I'm 24 and from Australia. I work full time for a Government agency and move a heap as my partner is in the military, hence my routine changes all the time which is hard! I want to feel healthier and happier and stick to the weight loss goal (this time!). I've tried a range of diets but I just like food too much! Having a support network would be awesome!

Motivate away! :smile:
  • lulabox
    lulabox Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I used to have a busy desk job in advertising and now I'm doing a PhD in genetics, which is even more crazy hours! Does that count? I'm 25 with an active social life and I do a lot of commuting to see my boyfriend, so I need to get a bit organised to make it work.
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    Welcome everyone!

Tonight I’ll create a private group and invite everyone who’s posted here to join.

I’m super excited already!
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    26 and work full time for the Aussie Government, as well as study at uni part time (externally) and run my own business from home...

Always busy... but keeps me from being lonely.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Great topic idea :) My name is De and Im 25 years old. I work 40-50 hr weeks as an internal auditor for a large tech company. In July 2011 I married the love of my life, and this year for our anniversary we are headed to the southern carribean for 10 days. Im in great need of a 20lb weight loss and could use all the supoort/motivation I can get!

Can someone tell me how I can follow certain topics/posts? I would like to follow this one!
  • stwalsh226
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    What an awesome group! I'm in!

Hi Ladies, I'm Amy...I'm 27 and typically work 50-60 hours a week at a job that I love. I'm a fairly clean eater - with the exception of the grilled cheese I had today. I am recently single, which has freed up more time for me to focus on working out and all that fun stuff...My original goal was 80 pounds and I've lost 20 since September when I started getting serious about this. I'm taking everything 10 lbs at a time :happy:
  • Morganjannelle
    Options
    Welcome abord ladies!

msliu7911- click on the like I posted in the post above yours and it'll bring you to the group.
  • tashie90
    tashie90 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Full time lna 2ns shift a
    Mommy and a newly wed!