Plateau HELP!!!!

Options
I would honestly take spin classes all day everyday if I could.

But my scale hasn’t moved for almost two weeks and I kid you not when I say I am doing everything perfectly. No cheats, no chemicals, lots of water and veggies, plenty of sleep and exercising 5-6 times a week.

The only thing I can think of is that I’m really only taking spin classes and weight lifting…

Aren’t there people out there that just run and still lose weight?

I know I need to change it up I just don’t know what to do. Sometimes I do the stair master and what not but that’s about it.
I don't like running because I have serious sensitive knees and don't want to have another injury!
I really ENJOY spinning and love doing it and like I’ve said I feel great I’d just like to see the scale move a little.

Tonight I’m doing my first boxing lesson so maybe that’ll help.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

I've lost almost 30lbs slowly but healthy .

Replies

• olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I've found that switching things up when I level off always helps. Switching what I eat (I tend to eat the exact same breakfast, lunch, and snacks everyday) and changing my workout usually helps me lose when I'm stuck. Like if I normally do the elliptical, I'll try the treadmill, or do a workout video (like the 30 day shred). Sometimes I have immediate water retention from changing the workout, but then I'll lose a large amount the next week or so.

So I would recommend adding a different workout maybe once a week or so. If you love what you're doing, you don't need to stop, but changing a day couldn't hurt.

Best of luck to you!
  • Kona54
    Kona54 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yes you hit a plateau....Don't eat the same foods..for lunch and for dinner..variety..start eating smaller meals through out the day..I drink a detox tea for liver digestion at least 2 times a week...regularity if very important..Apple Cider Vinegar helps with water retention..

Hope this helps..
  • Kona54
    Kona54 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    make sure you are eating enough protein..low carbs..You might need to change your caloric intake..I will eat a low sugar/carb protein bar to help stimulate my metabolisum
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie intake like? How much do you net everyday? Are you eating your exercise calories?