30 days of logging and only 3.2lbs gone to show for it

Options
13»

Replies

• JennyAnn35
    Options
    First thing I noticed was that you are skipping breakfast, or only having milk with a little whey. You need food/protein/fuel through out your day, and you should always start out with a strong breakfast, and try to make it within an hour of getting up.
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just keep up with it. I've been logging a loooong time. Like a year. I even log when I'm not so motivated, and eat terribly. It's a good habit to get into. Applaud yourself for making the commitment!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. I switched off eating about 1200 cals onto maintenance. I'm losing more at maintenance then I was at 1200 cals. Clearly I've underestimated my maintenance calories otherwise I wouldn't be losing.

The whole starvation mode is a bit of an urban legend. What it really means if you eat too little for a long period of time your body slows down and you need to eat less to maintain (the slowing of your metabolism).

The closer you eat to your maintenance the less likely that is to happen. Try and work out what you need to maintain your weight and then only knock 300 cals a day at the most off that. I would definitely suggest this if you do not want to eat your exercise calories.You'll lose weight and still be able to eat loads of food.

I would also suggest searching the boards for the Olivia method as an alternative.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    As with everyone else here, this is just an opinion, but I agree with everyone ....your diary isn't good. Eat breakfast. Monitor your daily fat intake. Drink enough water and eat back your exercise calories. I stalled out for awhile and had to up my calories by 300/day to start to lose weight again.

Remember if you are working out that 1 lb of muscle takes up less space than 1 lb of fat. You are building muscle when you exercise so although you are losing fat you are gaining muscle. Have you measured your body fat? My scales measures it and it was only 1% off from what my doctor measured it at so I think it's pretty accurate. You might not see your body weight going down, but you will see your body fat going down and that makes all the difference in your size and how your clothes fit.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Some advice:

Work on reducing your sodium.
    Drink LOTS of water.
    Eat more protein.
    Measure yourself!
    Stay with it! :-)
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You say you are truly sedentary, but then you say you go to the gym and you are working out and burning 800 calories? That is not sedentary.

^^ this.

And looking after kids all day is not sedentary either- you're up on your feet after them all the time.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I just viewed your diary, I am in agreement with most everyone else, you are eating too much processed food. The frozen foods to be exact.

You say you do not have time to cook, well if you have a few hours on the weekend, you could be what I like to call a weekend warrior, cook a bunch of stuff all at once to have during the week.

For example, you can bake, boil or grill several chicken breasts up at once. You can use them for salads (it comes in a bag now) wraps, sandwiches or just reheat and eat. You can also bake up several sweet potatoes too, they are better for you than white potatoes. Pasta, if coated with a small amount of oil, can keep in the frig as well.

The frozen burritos and pizza have to go for now dear, but I promise it will be totally worth it when you step on those scales and see what a difference it makes, and I promise, you will feel much better too.

Good luck, it is worth it, and so are you!
  • lysistrataNix
    lysistrataNix Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Then if I'm not sedentary am I lightly active then? I really don't know how to classify my activity level.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Then if I'm not sedentary am I lightly active then? I really don't know how to classify my activity level.

Yes, you are lightly active.

I also want to add you are super model beautiful! Your eyes are incredible.
  • nicki_1004
    Options
    If you are set to lose 1 pound per week and you are losing .75 pounds you are only off a little bit from what you wanted to do. So you are doing well. As others have said make sure you are watching your sodium, eating as healthy as possible, drinking water, and eating breakfast.I was never a breakfast eater before I started this and I have been "forcing" myself to have something for breakfast even if it isn't much. Now if I don't eat breakfast by 9 I am starving.
  • lysistrataNix
    lysistrataNix Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Yes, you are lightly active.

I also want to add you are super model beautiful! Your eyes are incredible.

Ok, I'll change my activity level, and thanks, I don't think I'm all that pretty, but I'll take the compliment :happy:
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Get a scale. Measure everything. Record anything that has any calories, even a tic-tac. The scale is not as important when you eat packaged food, but guesstimating can shoot people in the foot real quick. If you're off on your count 120 calories daily, that's a pound a month in missed weight loss.