Counting Crystal Light as Water?

Options
Hello out there. This may be a really silly question. But I was curious if anyone out there counts crystal light against their daily water consumption? I drink a lot of pure water, but have been on a kick recently with this mango/peach flavored green tea by crystal light and I LOVE it. Wondering if I can count it towards my water for the day.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Replies

• molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Yup it counts as water.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I do! mmm...lemonade!!!:drinker:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    From everything I have read and researched,

If you add stuff like crystal light to your water, you have changed the chemical make up of it, so there fore, it does not count..............

That stuff is dehydrating, so you are defeating the purpose...........

Your best bet is to make yourself a pitcher of green tea or water with lemon or orange slices in it for flavoring.
  • soon2bemrsott
    Options
    From everything I have read and researched,

If you add stuff like crystal light to your water, you have changed the chemical make up of it, so there fore, it does not count..............

That stuff is dehydrating, so you are defeating the purpose...........

Your best bet is to make yourself a pitcher of green tea or water with lemon or orange slices in it for flavoring.

That is correct, nothing but True Water should be counted as water consumption.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I've seen it both ways - when i went to a bariatric clinic the doc there told me i can count it....

You do what you need to with it with knowing that pure water is best. If I drink crystal light, I make sure I've had clear water inbetween any servings.
  • mandyc1108
    mandyc1108 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I don't see why it wouldn't count.....my doctor said you can even count the foods that are water based. Scientific studies have shown that that 64 ounces of water suggested isn't really a magic number anyway.

Food for thought
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/wonders-of-water
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I don't see why it wouldn't count.....my doctor said you can even count the foods that are water based. Scientific studies have shown that that 64 ounces of water suggested isn't really a magic number anyway.

Food for thought
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/guide/wonders-of-water

smart doctor :wink: :laugh: everyone knows the "real" stuff is best, not all of us can swig it down..me for one, maybe 3-4 glasses of pure water..the rest through, tea, crystal light raspberry ice and fruits.
  • mandyc1108
    mandyc1108 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Best rule of thumb ever:

Take everything in moderation.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    There are side effects to not drinking pure water, but it may take awhile before you can drink a lot of pure water. Work your way into it. The Crystal Light sweetener if you drink too much can give you headaches, dehydrate you, cause weight GAIN, etc. So sure some is fine... like the PP said, everything in moderation.

I don't count those things because it's not about how much LIQUID I drink but how much WATER I drink. I drink lots of things I don't log, I only log water now.