Any suggestions?

Options
Hi I'm new to this and wanted to know what would you guys/girls recommend doing to maximize weight lost? I'm going to start going to the gym about 5times a week, and try to keep my daily calorie intake at about 1500, and wanted to know what would be the most realistic way to lose a pound a day? I'm currently 287lbs and 6foot tall, my goal weight is to Be around 220 in 90days, I have joined a gym called vision quest and they have a biggest loser challenge and people have lost 100's of pounds so I thought id give it a try, thanks in advanced! (:

Replies

• munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt &welcome.

My two cents, for what it's worth -is that a pound a day isn't a smart idea. Maybe try for a pound a week by making healthier diet choices and bringing in the exercise :)

Good luck!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Hey mate! Welcome!

The best thing for weight loss as a guy is to get some strength training in, as muscle will burn more calories in the long run :) PLUS you get to look awesome as an end result.

There are many different forms of strength training, I train 5 times a week with weights and work split body parts :)
  • swtlissa
    Options
    Hey guys, I just started this today, as it was recommended from a great friend of mine who has lost 46 pounds from using this! It has been truly amazing to see his transformation. So, I noticed that there is an app for the ipad, is there an app available for smart phones?
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I just started this today, as it was recommended from a great friend of mine who has lost 46 pounds from using this! It has been truly amazing to see his transformation. So, I noticed that there is an app for the ipad, is there an app available for smart phones?

I believe you go to the tools section and you find it there.
  • plbradley
    Options
    yes there are android and iphone apps. I have it on my phone. Tech support on this site is awesome if you need help