Buying Lean Cuisine's

Options
124»

Replies

• junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    One word of warning, from experience....

If you've been making your own food at home, don't let the convenience of moving to these lead to worse options.

Lean cuisines might be just "a little" worse for you than home made, then the hot pockets might be just a little worse than the lean cuisines, then McDonalds is just a little worse than the hot pockets... you get the idea.

Don't "a little worse" back to bad habits.
    I am the converse of this notion.
    The so and so is "a little better than" McDonald's which is my example of the worse food on planet earth.
    Any time somebody has anything negative to say about anything I eat, I say, "at least it's not McDonald's".

Some of us must crawl before we can walk.

Most definitely. I wasn't being negative at all. I was just offering a word of caution based on a road that I myself have traveled.
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    thanks for the input...I also tend to be eating the same salads over and over...got any good ideas for me?

Spinach salad?

2 cups spinach
    1 chopped up hard boiled egg
    1 teaspoon bacos (the fake bacon bits)
    between 1 and 2 tablespoons poppy seed dressing

YUM!

Spinach, strawberries, cucumbers, and poppy seed dressing.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I love Lean cuisine. It is easy and delicious.
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    I eat the cafe steamers sesame chicken one probably 2-3 a times a week. It has the lowest sodium out of all the ones I have seen at 360mg (I think that is right). It all balances out because I pre-plan my meals and don't eat foods with a lot of it for my other meals. Plus, I drink about 3 gallons of water daily, so I'm too concerned about one Lean Cuisine meal a couple times a week.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    thanks for the input...I also tend to be eating the same salads over and over...got any good ideas for me?

Spinach salad?

2 cups spinach
    1 chopped up hard boiled egg
    1 teaspoon bacos (the fake bacon bits)
    between 1 and 2 tablespoons poppy seed dressing

YUM!

Spinach, strawberries, cucumbers, and poppy seed dressing.

Oh my goodness! I am so having that tomorrow!
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    Thanks all for the pros and cons....I see I also have options out there with lean cousines, healthy chioce and smart ones..going food shopping this weekend!
  • emtastic929
    emtastic929 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like Healthy Choice Steamers personally, though Lean Cuisines are good too. As for the sodium content, I have one of those meals almost every work day and my sodium is still way under the limit for the day. I just wouldn't suggest eating them for every meal in one day - then the sodium might be a problem. But as far as convenient, balanced meals, they are pretty good. Look for the ones with higher protein, lower sodium, and lower sugars to have your best balance. And make sure you get ones with at least one serving of veggies. Just my suggestion. Good luck and happy, convenient eating! :)