I'm new to myfitness

Options
Hello, my name is Beverly. I am 39 and just decided that I am too obese to not do anything about it. About a year ago, I went to the doctor and weighed 294 lbs on a 5'7" frame. I decided to take matters into my hands, but not seriously. THis year I realized that my family history of illnesses is not too good so I better get serious about this weight loss thing. In the past year, I have lost 30 lbs. I would like to get down to 230 by my 40th birthday which is in November. I started a food and activity journal which helps a lot. I'm concerned about my deficit of protein in my diet and my calorie intake, which drove my to count things on line. Wish me luck. I just want to be healthy and live longer.

Replies

• Kati_Marie
    Kati_Marie Posts: 24
    Options
    Good for you! As long as you keep your head up then you will do great! There are lots of people here that are willing to help motivate you. We are all here in this site because we want help and want to change. This is an amazing site that you are going to love.

If you ever need support just let us know!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beverly! I'm so glad to hear that you are making changes in your life to be healthier, ESPECIALLY with a family history of illnesses!

I hope you make your goal! And Congrats on the weight all ready lost!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Brandy
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use.Everyone is really nice here too. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: