Whats the most weight you have ever lost before giving up??

Options

Replies

• staciahays
    Options
    you lost 80 something pounds how long did that take can you share some food and snacks?
  • staciahays
    Options
    :love: you lost 80 something pounds how long did that take can you share some food and snacks?
  • krissykross
    Options
    60 pounds, but I didn't lose it in a healthy way. Once I started tackling my issues I gained it all back. It's been really tough to handle, but I'm determined to do it right this time and maintain.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    13 lbs lost the last time I purposely tried to lose weight and I'm proud to say I have surpassed that and then some!

It's so much more motivating to stick to it now!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    35lbs but I didn't give up, that was my goal weight. Then I got pregnant and yeah, gained it all back. The lost most of it again. Then gained 9lbs back on purpose....
  • WilliamD80
    WilliamD80 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    42 Pounds :(
  • andreacord
    Options
    5 .. have lost 25 though now and I'm not stopping again until I make my goal!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Since this is the first time I've tried getting rid of my excess weight and did it successfully, I hope at this point I don't give up! I'd hate to be back at square one after 9 months and 71 lbs lost.
  • tinytubbs
    Options
    111 lbs and then the gallballder went kapuut.....put back on 85 of it now i am heading back down....
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs, and was a few pounds within my goal weight. I never really gave up, as I was never on a diet, for me, it was always about making a lifestyle change. I kept it off for a long time.

I ended up going back to poor habits, slowly, and then got pregnant, which just escalated, and continued to my second child. I didn't have time, the energy, or the mindset to get back into my healthy habits.

I hadn't figured out how the incorporate the healthy lifestyle with my new life and family. Now, I'm redefining that with 2 little ones.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds once upon a time, and when I first joined MFP, I lost 37.

I was looking back at my old MFP check-ins last night, and I was saddened to see that I was actually down 47 pounds before I quit.
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    40lbs....and I was ten away from my goal....sigh :(
    Ah well, I'm now 20 away from it :)
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    90 pounds and I kept it off for five years, until I had 2 babies and fertility treatments (I gained 30 pounds in three months!). So, trying to lose back the 50 or so I gained back. This is only my second time losing weight and I plan to be just as successful as the first!
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    When you wanna give up...remember why you held on for so long to begin with!!! You can do this!
  • stwalsh226
    Options
    50lbs :( then I went on a couple vacations and my boyfriend told me he didn't even notice anyways. I got discouraged and just gave up. Why work so hard if it's not even noticed?!?! now I know the answer is me. I noticed the cahnge and I noticed how crappy I felt when I gained some of it back. Now I'm here and doing it for the right reasons this time.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I lost around 10 also and then quit and gained it back plus some-____-
    not this time around! :D
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    25 lbs. and gained it all back and then some. That is why I joined MFP! I got engaged in June 2011. I want to be a pretty bride and a new healthier me!
    You would have been a pretty bride. Now you will be a pretty, fit, and healthy bride. :)
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    45 lbs or so. Put almost all of it back on when I met a great guy (and then we broke up). I've lost almost all of what I regained now. It's gonna be huge for me when I pass that spot because I will be the thinnest I've been since high school.
  • scrshaw
    Options
    I had lost 35lb in 2010 and put it all back in 2011, and it brouhgt a few friends with it :cry:
    This time, it's going to be different!
    I have type II Diabities now and I have no choice but to change my life. I am no longer DIEting, I'm re-learning how to live.
    Re-thinking the way I view and enjoy food is going to be big part of it.
  • gettheledout3372
    gettheledout3372 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds on the dot when I was in high school, ate whatever I wanted during soccer season, then put it all back on and a bit more. Since then I've gained and lost more 10's and 20's than I care to think about o.O Still, we're all here 'cause we're back on the bandwagon, which is what's important!