Lifestyle NSVs - Who has 'em?

Options
2»

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with all those who say they crave healthier foods too. It's great, I end up wanting healthy goods!
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Great question!

1) Every time I see someone that I haven't seen in a couple of weeks/months one of the first things they say is..."Have you lost more weight"
    2) I'm a faster runner
    3) I can start to see the differance
    4) My wife likes to take out pictures from the past few years and goes "look at the differance" or "wow, you were a lot bigger" (no referance to the next comment)
    5) My "unit" is bigger! (Men for every 40 pounds you loose you regain a 1/4 inch of your "manhood") FYI I've lost 110 pounds!
    6) I've inspired others
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Great question!

1) Every time I see someone that I haven't seen in a couple of weeks/months one of the first things they say is..."Have you lost more weight"
    2) I'm a faster runner
    3) I can start to see the differance
    4) My wife likes to take out pictures from the past few years and goes "look at the differance" or "wow, you were a lot bigger" (no referance to the next comment)
    5) My "unit" is bigger! (Men for every 40 pounds you loose you regain a 1/4 inch of your "manhood") FYI I've lost 110 pounds!
    6) I've inspired others

Well, as a girl, I can't speak to number 5, lmfao! But #6 absolutely! That's been a huge thing for me, I love that I've helped and inspired others!
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Awesome topic! Thanks for posting! :drinker:

-I'm sleeping better than I have in years
    -crave healthier foods more often
    -Have no desire to eat anything from McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, or other such fast food places & if I go to these places with others I order a salad.
    -never order soda in restaurants anymore. I actually don't even think about getting soda when I go get something to drink at the gas station I go straight for the Sobe Lifewater or spring water.
    -I can tell when I haven't drunk all 8 glasses of water each day
    -I take the long way (i.e. stairs, farthest parking spot from the door, etc...) almost all the time
    -I think about exercising more than I think about chocolate (this is amazing for me, I used to live for chocolate):huh:
    -just realized I have driven past 7 Dairy Queen's in the last 3 days & I haven't even thought about stopping to get anything (in the past I would have "had to" stop & get something at least once):noway:
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1) Increased Raw Food intake, not just veggies
    2) Became a Vegetarian
    3) Started Meditating More
    4) STRATEGIC RESOURCEFUL RECIPROCITY: I spend time with people that eat well, want to work out, and live well. I am VERY strategic about incorporating people that do not waste my time, energy, and resources and equally make contributions to my forward momentum.
    5) CLARITY: I take 100% RESPONSIBILITY for my weight and AM CLEAR ON WHY I WEIGH AS MUCH AS I DO.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    - the thought of eating fast food makes me feel slightly sick
    - my favourite saturday morning routine is now going to the farmers market for fresh produce, and then to spin class
    - i'm excited to try new classes and workouts at the gym...before I would have assumed everyone was judging me for not knowing what I was doing - now I realize that everyone at one point had no clue what they were doing
    - I rarely drink alcohol anymore, and don't mind being DD...seeing my friends acting like drunk idiots makes me want to avoid alcohol
    - I'm more confident, outgoing, and no longer am desperate to fit in with people by picking up their bad habits
    - I can actually run the bases at softball - before I would have to call in a runner when I hit, and would only play back catcher.
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy a good salad, I don't get angry at the fact that I "have" to eat it, but enjoy the fact that I "want" to eat it.

I KNOW RIGHT! I used to hate salads, now I am constantly finding NEW ways to eat and make salads. My new thing is Rainbow Chard! Love the stuff. I eat it with tomatoes, light ceasar dressing, and crunchy toppings! YYYUUMMMMYYY!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I no longer "have to have" chocolate or ice cream. And if I do decide to eat chocolate I am able to stop at one square which is HUGE for me.

I no longer crave simple carbohydrates. I thought pretty much giving up sugar and white flour would kill me, but it hasn't.

But my favorite one is that I love myself now and enjoy taking pics of my progress. I used to have such a low self-esteem that I thought I had to have a man's approval to be a success. I now love myself enough to know this not true!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Ooh, I thought of 2 more!

I look forward to going to the gym, especially on lifting days because I feel all badass being one of the only girls in the free weights area, lol

My bday is exactly one month away and what I want more than anything is to be fitted for running shoes!