P90X - missed workouts

Options
If you're doing (or have done) P90X, and you miss a few days, what did you do? I just missed 3 workouts due to stomach virus, and am starting again tomorrow. (If it matters, I missed Shoulders & Arms, Yoga X, and Legs & Back. Tomorrow was supposed to be Kenpo X.)

I could do a couple of things. 1) write those off, and just pick up where I was supposed to be with Kenpo and go forward from there 2) count those days as rest days, and pick up where I left off with Shoulders & Arms or 3)double up the workouts for the next couple days to get back on track.

I'm leaning toward doubling up (Shoulders & Arms and Yoga tomorrow, Legs & Back and Kenpo on Saturday (which was supposed to be my rest day) and then pick up with my new week on Sunday as originally planned, but I was curious about what others think. I can't be the first person to miss some days. LOL There may even be an official P90X answer for missed days, but I didn't see it.

Replies

• ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's what I do too, double up and keep pushing play. But I've never doubled up two days in a row. I do the most important workouts and forget the others.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I missed some days as well. I just pick up where I left off.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    If I miss days I just pick up where I left off.
  • trlyblssd79
    trlyblssd79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    same here - just pick up where you left off and you should be fine.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Option #2. That way, you're not missing any of the workouts, but you're not working yourself too hard (you were just sick, cut yourself a little slack!).
  • CoachKaren
    Options
    I have completed a round of P90X and still supplement with it from time to time. Don't skip em. Pick up where you left off or restart the week.
  • tinkerbella01
    Options
    I'm not doing P90X currently, but I missed a week with P90 and am going to be doubling up next week to get back on track with where I should be. I usually have 1 double up day a week, due to my work hours on the weekend, it's hard for me to get a workout in so either Fridays or Mondays are double days. That being said, since you're just getting over a virus, I'd probably take it slow for a little while, unless you feel up to doing doubles.
  • coreykantola
    Options
    Start the week over, dont double up, you will not be putting the full effort into the second work out. Tony wont come down and bannish you if you miss a couple of days, Just keep pushing play.

I hope Tony didn't hear that! lol
  • ralison
    ralison Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I did Legs & Back and Kenpo in one day---Couldn't walk for a week. I'll never do that again.....