30 Day Shred Beginning 1/29/12!

Options
2»

Replies

• mrob04
    mrob04 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in also :happy: R u gonna make this a group?
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I will! I bought it but have to get a new DVD player so that will be perfect timing. And I will take off 1 day a week and do the extra cardio too :) How heavy of weights are you going to use? I am going to use 5LBS because I am kind of a weakling. Haha.

5 lb weights will probably be too much to start. Jillian only uses 3 lb weights. I am currently doing the 30DS, I will be on Day 2 of Level 3 tomorrow. I only use 4 lb weights and this is my second time around. Next time I may up to 5 lbs.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Lol maybe I should use 3LBS for the first week then. haha. I haven't been doing too much exercise in general :( Just watching what I eat.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Are you going to take Saturday as your day off???
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    im on day 3 of the 30ds and im definitely feeling it. i could hardly walk today at work and i work in the kitchen at a family restaurant :( ouchies!
  • AEchic914
    Options
    I tried 30 day shred and didnt get past day 8! I used 3lb weights and that was plenty. I noticed that I felt a little bit more toned,but no weight loss. I suggest adding extra cardio,even if it is 15-20 minutes. Good Luck!
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Just did my first level one today (I survived but barely) . I also do 45 minutes of treadmill walking 5 days a week.
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My day off will probably change depending on what I have going on. It will probably fall during the week on mornings I don't want to get up extra early before class and work. :laugh:
  • vivianahm
    vivianahm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started today, count me in! Happy if you add me as friend.
    I also do 1 hour of stationary bike a day.
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I created a public group "30 Day Shredders" for anyone wanting to join!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well! This will be my second time doing 30 Day Shred but it has definitely been a while since I've done it. I think I will start with 3 lbs weights for the first few days, then move up to 5 lb. GET READY FOR SOME PAIN! I remember not being able to walk and my arms feeling like they were going to fall off for the first few days haha.
  • whippetmama
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of the Shred, found it ok. I'm with OP in that I'm getting frustrated the scale isn't moving but I'll stick with it, allowing some rest days when I need it too. I was using 8lb weights but found it too hard on a few things so I think I'll go pick up some 5s.
  • bbysars
    bbysars Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've had the DVD for ages but never used it but I will happily go along for the 30 days cause I'm going to Egypt in March and I want my booty to cooperate in a bikini lol
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm starting today! :)
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday! I still have to figure out what to use instead of the weights... would a bottle of water be ok?
  • WishfulShrinking21
    WishfulShrinking21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started last night. I can inmagine once I drop my weight it will become a lot easier. I thgink the thing I struggle with most is not having a chance to catch my breath, I tend to hold my breath when I'm concentrating!! Also I have a twist in my spine and endless back problems, I am so, so rubbish as the crunches I seem to relax my attempts as I cant seem to manage to struggle through the pain!
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 today and i am doing the advanced version. I expected it to be harder, so i am doing it 2 times a day (morning and evening) + pilates.

I had problems with the side squats, because my arms and shoulders really hurt when you had to hold up the weights. Now i only use 1 weight and hold it up with both arms so that i can do all the repetitions. slowly getting stronger :)
  • ajd241
    ajd241 Posts: 76
    Options
    I'm totally in!
    I have a copy of 30 Day Shred and just got my hands on Ripped In 30 so I'm keen to join in on a challenge of actually finishing them :)
  • jencs519
    Options
    I just joined myfitnesspal and I also started the 30 Day Shred on Monday.....I actually did a few days of Level 1 last week and then started Level 2 this week and decided to do the 30 Day Challenge. I looked for the group, but didn't see it....

Going down to do Day 3 of Level 2! I'm planning to do 10 days of Level 2, 10 days of Level 3, and then I am going to rotate between the 3 for the last 10 days. Also going to try to get in 3 days of cardio a week.
  • missrachy1
    missrachy1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oohhh only just found all this community! Fun!... Well I'm on day 2 today, loved yesterday's wasn't too hard I thought, mainly just you never stop was difficult, but for 30 mins I can cope lol. Taken pics and measurements so hoping to see some decent change :)

AL hiiiiiii, lol we have started at the same time :)