Lunch Options for Work

Options
124»

Replies

• ahersh00
    Options
    I'm new to trying to take my food to work too. I work in a hospital and it is just too easy to go to the cafeteria and fill up on greasy fried food! Anyways, this past week I haven't visited the cafeteria once. I've taken boiled eggs, chicken salad (made from scratch using Wholly guacamole and Chobani plain greek yogurt as a substitute for mayo), oatmeal, chicken breast sandwich, nuts, grape tomatoes, Yoplait yogurts, prepackaged cinnamon applesauce, and unsalted pretzels.... Other items I'm thinking you could take: Snacksize lowfat popcorn, pudding cups, raw veggies, fruits, lean cuisines or the weight watchers meals (they are frozen but I always put mine in the fridge at work--Bonus they take less time to cook).....
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    My go to meals are the Kashi Frozen entrees, greek yogurt and fruit.
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I do something in the crockpot that I can freeze and just pull out in the morning before work and let it unthaw then heat up. Right now my choice is Chicken Taco Soup........next week who knows.
  • Supajoi
    Supajoi Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • mcdonnellj
    Options
    Make extra from your healthy meal the night before and bring that in, soup is good, why not bring in a sandwich it only take 2 mins and low fat yogurt - yum yum !!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I was wondering what people took to work for lunch when dieting - I've been having soups and low fat snacks but finding that I'm nowhere near my calorie levels by doing so. I want to continue eating healthy but at the same have something more substantial that isn't too inconvenient for work.

We don't have a cooker or oven in the office either - just hot water and a microwave so needs to be something I can make quickly at home the night before and refrigerate or can microwave.

I'm trying to avoid starchy carbs too. Any ideas would be great!!

Thanks

Taco salad
    Tuna and cauliflower casserole
    Meat Loaf
    Tilapia fillets and sauted veggies
    Chili
    Lemon Chicken and veggies
    Chicken Tikka Masala over veggies
    Stir Fry
    Steak and veggies

All can be done with reasonably large portions (obviously some, like the taco salad, you get a lot more than others) for between 450 and 600 calories.