Salutations!

Options
Well...I'm quite new to this website and quite new to posting/blogging or what have ya...
My name is Brehanna, I'm a nursing assistant at a nursing home, I'm in school for both Medical Coding/Billing (Online College) and LPN (licensed Practical Nurse). I have a wonderful fiance and two cats, Lynx and Scrawny. Recently, our company started a "Biggest Loser" knock-off we call "The Weigh Down". So, I joined. In my first two weeks I lost 6 lbs! And all I did was restrict my sodium. Well, today, June 9, 2009, was my second weigh-in and i gained a little over a pound and a half. I thought this was quite ironic considering these past two weeks I've been the most active I've ever been in my life!! My fiance tells me that muscle weighs more than fat...but I think he only says that to make me feel better :laugh:
On my way out of work, the Med. Records lady (the lady who records all of the weigh-ins) told me about this site. So when I got home, I poked and prodded around this site...I really like it. I'm going to try and keep up to date on this, I kind of have a lot on my plate...pun not intended.
Thanks for reading...if anyone has a really good recipe for Potato Soup let me know :happy:

Replies

9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    You can tell your boyfriend that in fact muscle does not weigh more than fat. Muscle is more condense than what fat is. Also if it is that time of the month for you or close to it, it could be some water gain. I wish you luck in your weight loss journey
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate, but don't get discouraged :) Just keep working hard and it will come off.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It's actually the water in your muscles that tend to store extra water when you first start exercising. But it's a good thing .. it means they're active and able to start munching on fat better and more often!
  • personality55
    Options
    thank you :)
  • personality55
    Options
    Thanks so much :D it's just going to take diligence...and loads of patience...
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use.Everyone is really nice here too. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • personality55
    Options
    thank you momoftwo29. i could tell that the people on here were really supportive after reading a few of the message boards... i do really like this site...its great.