Heart Rate Monitors?

Options
I have questions galore!

Where do you find good-yet-not-too-spendy ones?

Also, Does anyone know how to calculate how many calories you burned based on your actually heart rate (Or percentage of max) instead of by what activity you're doing?

I'd think that'd be much more accurate, but that's just me...

Any ideas?

Replies

• ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I have questions galore!

Where do you find good-yet-not-too-spendy ones?

Also, Does anyone know how to calculate how many calories you burned based on your actually heart rate (Or percentage of max) instead of by what activity you're doing?

I'd think that'd be much more accurate, but that's just me...

Any ideas?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I want the bodybugg but I can't justify it right now since we are moving in to our house next month. I would love to see the replies to this!
  • pigletfraggle
    Options
    Have you tried EBAY? I have a polar heart rate monitor that keeps track of my avg heart rate my max heart rate and the calories burned for me. I purchased mine from my gym, it was about 80 or 90 bucks.
  • jdavison
    jdavison Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found a simple heart rate monitor at Target this past weekend for $9.99. It doesn't have bells and whistles, but it shows constant heart rate and when you're done it shows time elapsed, peak heart rate and average heart rate. It's a timex ... originally around $40. I wanted one with a zone alarm, but for $10 I thought I'd start here and work my way up.
  • alexlove31
    alexlove31 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    After doing a ton of research on the Bodybugg, I have come to realize that if you are serious about losing weight and have tried everything in the world to do so, this high tech gadget should help you perform a miracle. I think my problem is - is that I am consuming too many calories for my body to burn. Even though I am on a 1200 calorie diet, I just feel as though my metabolism sucks! (esp. now that I am over 30!)

I am a hug fan of The Biggest Loser and have just noticed the BodyBugg this season. I've ordered mine because it was on sale for $249 and included a free display ( value of $99 - it's a watch that you wear on your wrist to show your actual calories burned instead of waiting to go on to the website) I think you would only need the first 6 months of the free subscription to learn how your body processes food and how your body responds to exercise. Overall, I think it's worth it.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I want the bodybugg but I can't justify it right now since we are moving in to our house next month. I would love to see the replies to this!
    I would too! OMG it looks AWESOME! But then you have to pay the subscription also :grumble:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I wonder what is the difference in the features from the BoddyBugg and the other HRM like Polar F4, F6... It seems they do the same thing at a cheaper price. Just my observation.. however, I have never handled a Bodybugg. Although, I was really serious about buying one with my tax returns. I bought the Polar F4 and I feel I'm getting everything I want from it....

I guess knowing what you want to get from it is a good indicator of what type to buy.

Hope this helps.
  • alexlove31
    alexlove31 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is a paid subscription involved, but the first 6 months are free. Because the bodybugg allows you to focus on how many calories YOUR body burns, you will most likely NOT need the online services after the 6 month free subscription. As long as you have the display that syncs with your bodybugg, you will be able to use it as long as you wear it everyday. I have been using my bodybugg for 2 months now and have lost 20 pounds and I'm just around the corner of meeting my goal!

On the very first day of using my BB, I got on the treadmill and compared the calories burned there versus what the BB stated that my body was actually burning and there was a huge difference!

Also, if you are concerned with the price, you should make your purchase when they are on sale. I got mine when they included the display for FREE at 24HourFitness.com. $249.00. Huge savings.

133123.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter