Does anyone know the Calories in Sushi

Options
Hi I really want sushi today and I get brown rice with just tuna inside... its like a spicy tuna roll with no spicy sauce.... It says 180 for 8pieces of a spicy tuna roll... does anyone know how much 16 small pieces for brown rice with just tuna is??

Thank you :)

Replies

• MissJamiie
    MissJamiie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Seriously its really hard to tell i look it up on the internet and there is a lot of different numbers out there i would also like to know :)
  • cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    the database lists kroger sushi. We eat it pretty frequently. It should be fairly accurate for other brands etc...
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If it's like spicy tuna roll so the calories won't be too different I guess :)
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Brown rice and white rice have about the same calories etc. The only real difference is that white rice is processed and brown is not.

http://www.sushiencyclopedia.com/sushi_calories/calories_in_sushi.html
  • laurabini
    Options

this is so useful!! thank you so much!! I love sushi and it will help me tracking everything!! :)
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Calorieking.com might have it.
  • Coleyrole
    Options
    I typed in raw tuna roll with brown rice and 1 came up for 190
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options

this is so useful!! thank you so much!! I love sushi and it will help me tracking everything!! :)

That is a great site and I love this statement ...

" An average person should be satisfied with about 10 pieces of nigiri , or 400 calories at the most. "

I eat Sushi on average 3x's a week ... So yes, 10 pieces is perfect and no worries from this fish ! :)
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i think 180 to 200 is about right for just tuna (if anything it's a little high and i like to overestimate food calories) :-)
  • laurabini
    Options
    Anyway I would like to know..is sushi good for a diet?
    I mean eating sushi is healthier than eating pasta, pizza and stuff like these..am I right?
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I had sushi yesterday and here is the numbers on what I had:

Sashimi - Maguro (Tuna), 4 oz 81
    Sashimi - Salmon Fresh, 4 ounces 191
    Sushi - Rainbow Roll , 1 roll 476

I've used sushifaq.com to get some nutrient info on other rolls and sashimi.
  • abradley114
    abradley114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone
  • abradley114
    Options
    I don't see how brown rice and tuna can be 370 calories for 10 pieces it seems a little high because most spicy tuna rolls are 180 and they have 8 pieces... idk i wish there was a definite stamp on everything that says the exact calories! hah Thank you :)
  • abradley114
    Options
    Depends on the sushi like what i have brown rice with tuna isn't bad but if you get all the fried stuff of course its bad. Sushi keeps you full and I have had it through my whole diet process and have been successful :)
  • laurabini
    Options
    Depends on the sushi like what i have brown rice with tuna isn't bad but if you get all the fried stuff of course its bad. Sushi keeps you full and I have had it through my whole diet process and have been successful :)
    I usually have maki and I know tempura and fried food it's bad even if it seems light :D
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    when I can't find the specific sushi or don't have time to estimate the ingredients and come up with a calorie figure, I just estimate the calories by calling it all rice. (i.e. if those 6 rolls were completely rice, it would have been about a cup. 1 cup of rice = about 220 cal.) Works for me, but i don't eat it very often, either, so if I am way off, I wouldn't know.