Possible the worst piece of diet advice ever??

Options
I have just got off the phone with my little sister, she's 27, used to be a model at a size 4 and after 2 kids has a gorgeous size 10 figure (if she wasn't my sister and I didn't love her so much I would hate her!) so I tell her the diet started Monday and I've lost 4lb even though I know it's just water weight I'm still quite leased with myself, she says to me...

Well done sis, just remember, nothing tastes as good as being in a pair of size 4 jeans feels, just remember to recite that every time to sit down to dinner and you'll hardly eat a bean!!

I'm beginng to realise why she was always do thin...... :/

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    That's a really common sentiment in the pro-ana arena. It always makes me uncomfortable when I hear dieters saying similar things.
  • elgo1819
    Options
    Being in a pair of size 4 jeans sounds aweful to me.
  • roxychicken
    Options
    I agree, I did feel uncomfortable, stupid thing is she looks so much healthier and more beautiful now than when she was a model, she looked like an extra in a zombie film but couldn't see it herself! It is hard having 2 beautiful thin sisters though lol!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    That's actually really sad... :(
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I agree that nothing feels better than feeling strong, confident and healthy. However I would disagree that you need to starve in order to feel that way.