RED TEAM IS RECRUITING! WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Jenn, yay for the ymca membership.

Andrea (anglbebe), don't fret about the half a pound. If this is just .5lb from yesterday, it's just normal fluctuation... seriously, yesterday I was 178.5 and this morning I was 182... I only record Monday weights for this reason. It changes so easily with water retention, etc.
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Jenn, yay for the ymca membership.

Andrea (anglbebe), don't fret about the half a pound. If this is just .5lb from yesterday, it's just normal fluctuation... seriously, yesterday I was 178.5 and this morning I was 182... I only record Monday weights for this reason. It changes so easily with water retention, etc.

On Average your body changes about 2 pounds through out the day, going up or down. Its recommended that you way yourself about the same time each day.

I also find it discouraging to way myself more than 2x a week. Once to get my starting weight, twice to make sure I'm still on track.

I use to go to the gym on post, but I'm tried of trying to get out there all the time. Less stress to go to the one right around the block, even if it does cost. ^__^
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    wow alot of posts to read!! lol... well today is going to be busy... one of my good friends are graduating today and others are graduating tomorrow... so i have a lot of balloons to buy lol... but i hopefully i will get a work out today... im going to start couch to 5 k today hopefully... ya!!!
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    wow alot of posts to read!! lol... well today is going to be busy... one of my good friends are graduating today and others are graduating tomorrow... so i have a lot of balloons to buy lol... but i hopefully i will get a work out today... im going to start couch to 5 k today hopefully... ya!!!

What exactly is couch to 5k? I've heard a lot of people mention this, and I'm not fimiliar with it at all.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

What exactly is couch to 5k? I've heard a lot of people mention this, and I'm not fimiliar with it at all.

Same here, I'd like to know as well. I'm wanting to do a 5k run/walk in November for domestic abuse and I really want to at least jog it instead of walking.
  • nl_lynx
    nl_lynx Posts: 12
    Options
    hi BUDDIES!!

hope everyone is having a good day and doing well with eating, exercising and H2O. i took my son out to lunch ( celebrating getting his driver's license back :grumble: ). any way, we ate at Pizza Ranch, and i just was careful with everything i ate, not sure about the calories there...so flushing with water now, and a walk later..... tomorrow i go to Dr for med refills and i hope to be down in wt since my last visit, Dec.

about this wt gain after exercising, i think i usually gain, and that can be discouraging, but i look at it this way, i feel amazing after a hard workout of pushing myself to do more, go longer, and any wt gain is worth it! :smile:

mel ~ your wind blowing comment gave me memories....since starting my new lifestyle earlier this year, i have walked and jogged in lots of wind...and i would get a little upset about it, didn't like it and it was the only time i could do my activity, so i HAD to do it...but i learned that the wind was a good resistance tool. i have a HRM and it did prove to show more calories burned in the wind. how soon will your ribs be healed? i bet that is so painful. do take care. does eating back all calories work or not....is this like zig zagging as i have heard a lil about?

ari ~ just yesterday i cut up lemons and limes to add to my water.....it really helps me. yuck ~ cramps...i know how you feel. i have cramps, and very heavy bleeding that i recently learned is now termed "flooding'. my last cycle i had to use the heating pad for the pain. yes, can't sit still or walk....makes one crazy and about to scream! does anyone know if jogging or running can change your cycle pattern, like how many days between? my last one was unusually late, like 33 days... my allergies have been bothering me since last Fri....mostly congestion, itchy eyes. kinda feels like it is going into my chest tho now... HEY !! -15 since May!! that is so great!! GOOD JOB! :drinker:

jess ~ congrats on the new job...sounds like they have the right person! working with the elderly can be very rewarding and bittersweet! take care of that sunburn..OOUCH!

HI to the rest of RED!!
  • nl_lynx
    nl_lynx Posts: 12
    Options
    i forgot to add this....

insaneness ~ i am glad for you and your YMCA membership!! i would love to have a personal trainer but can't afford. something else i would like to have done is the body fat, % test, etc. right now, fitting into smaller clothes seems to be motivating me the most.

hi to everyone else posting...hope you are having a good day! :flowerforyou:
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k is a program where you start off with easy jogs with increments like 2 minute job then 2 minute walk... and it builds ur body up to be able to run a 5k..
    here is the website...
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

o and i also did something im proud of... i put some recent pics of me...
    which the pics i used to have was like 2 years ago... these pictures were taken last week...
    the one with the two boys the one with the hat is my fiance...
    and as u can tell he is extra in shape...
    he is going to run the la marathon in acouple of months...
    jerk lol jp
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    hi BUDDIES!!

hope everyone is having a good day and doing well with eating, exercising and H2O. i took my son out to lunch ( celebrating getting his driver's license back :grumble: ). any way, we ate at Pizza Ranch, and i just was careful with everything i ate, not sure about the calories there...so flushing with water now, and a walk later..... tomorrow i go to Dr for med refills and i hope to be down in wt since my last visit, Dec.

about this wt gain after exercising, i think i usually gain, and that can be discouraging, but i look at it this way, i feel amazing after a hard workout of pushing myself to do more, go longer, and any wt gain is worth it! :smile:

mel ~ your wind blowing comment gave me memories....since starting my new lifestyle earlier this year, i have walked and jogged in lots of wind...and i would get a little upset about it, didn't like it and it was the only time i could do my activity, so i HAD to do it...but i learned that the wind was a good resistance tool. i have a HRM and it did prove to show more calories burned in the wind. how soon will your ribs be healed? i bet that is so painful. do take care. does eating back all calories work or not....is this like zig zagging as i have heard a lil about?

ari ~ just yesterday i cut up lemons and limes to add to my water.....it really helps me. yuck ~ cramps...i know how you feel. i have cramps, and very heavy bleeding that i recently learned is now termed "flooding'. my last cycle i had to use the heating pad for the pain. yes, can't sit still or walk....makes one crazy and about to scream! does anyone know if jogging or running can change your cycle pattern, like how many days between? my last one was unusually late, like 33 days... my allergies have been bothering me since last Fri....mostly congestion, itchy eyes. kinda feels like it is going into my chest tho now... HEY !! -15 since May!! that is so great!! GOOD JOB! :drinker:

jess ~ congrats on the new job...sounds like they have the right person! working with the elderly can be very rewarding and bittersweet! take care of that sunburn..OOUCH!

HI to the rest of RED!!

Excerising does change your periods, but after your body gets use to it, it'll go back to normal. Although a different type of normal. Since excerising every day my periods are in the 32 day apart range, which is still normal for me because my average is 28 to 32 days apart. Also you'll notice less cramps when excerising more, and lighter bleeding. My period last 7 days, but only three is with normal bleeding and four with light bleeding.

Its good to go see you're OB GYN once a year though...

As far as the fat percent test goes, go talk to a nurtientions, you're GP will be able to referal you and they'll help you with all that. They'll also tell you what you're body needs for calories each day. MFP gives you a rough idea, but remember everyone is different and different people need different foods and calories intake.
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The Y is where I go here in MA. I love it and lots to do for the kids too. :bigsmile:

That was my weekly weigh in.. I only do it once a week myself. So the 227 was from last Tuesday, and this Tuesday is 227.5 :sad:
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    I'm glad I checked my sugar level before going back to the gym. It was 79 >.<
  • mskellyw
    mskellyw Posts: 111
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just thought I'd check in. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the YMCA and went there on and off for years and years. I can use the rec center at my school for free now though, so while I still like the Y better, I just can't justify spending the money for a membership.

Yesterday was my second day of Couch to 5K and I'm really enjoying it so far. I was planning on going for a swim after class today, but on my way to the pool I realized I'd forgotten my goggles. Turns out it didn't matter because it started raining right after that anyway. Now I'm waiting to see if the rain is going to clear up and if it does I'll head back over there in an hour or two when the parking meters are free.

I hope everyone is having a good day!
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Hey, for next week challenge, can we have it to try and have three servings of vegatables a day?

I need to eat more veggies on a regular basis >.<
  • andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    Hey, for next week challenge, can we have it to try and have three servings of vegatables a day?

I need to eat more veggies on a regular basis >.<

I like that challenge! I do not get enough of them in. I really dont like them but will find a way to choke them down..:laugh:
  • andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    So tomorrow morning I go to the doctor and have my first check up with being on insulin. Wish me luck. I do hope the doctor noticed that I have lost weight. Sometimes they can just get you in and out and really never praise you for doing good. So wish me luck! :smile:
  • MelL1205
    Options

When I got home from the gym this morning my sugar was 68. Oops.
    And now it's at 250. Big oops.

I just can't win today. :ohwell:

So tomorrow morning I go to the doctor and have my first check up with being on insulin. Wish me luck. I do hope the doctor noticed that I have lost weight. Sometimes they can just get you in and out and really never praise you for doing good. So wish me luck!

Yeah, I hate doctors. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    hi BUDDIES!!

HI to the rest of RED!!

Hey! Umm.. my ribs.. well its been 12 days since I fractured them. It was ridiculously painful - I didn't want to breathe. I've fractured several before doing rather dumb things (so at least this time it was for a good reason!), so I'm kind of used to the pain. So, they are much better than they were but still hurt like crazy. I'm really good at hiding pain though, so nobody ever notices. Umm... if I don't over-do it, get more sick (since i'm already sick), or injure them further, probably another month until i feel back to normal and then a few more weeks until they are back to normal. So pray my sickness doesn't end in coughing! That will NOT be good! :noway:

As for eating back exercise calories...I'm not sure. haha. I wasn't initially eating back my exercise calories because it made me feel like a pig. But, I was seeing no change on the scale. Then I stopped exercising for a while and maintained. Now I'm back to exercising (as much as my ribs can take) and I have eaten back my exercise calories the past week or so... sooooo I guess on Monday we'll see it it works... haha. I'll keep you posted. :smile:
  • MelL1205
    Options
    The Y is where I go here in MA. I love it and lots to do for the kids too. :bigsmile:

That was my weekly weigh in.. I only do it once a week myself. So the 227 was from last Tuesday, and this Tuesday is 227.5 :sad:

Well, still, up a half a pound is ok. You'll just be super awesome this week! :bigsmile:
    I updated your weight in my chart for this week... everyone weighs in on Monday, that's why I thought you had meant from yesterday. So you'll probably just have to remind me again next week if you weigh on Tuesday again.

----

Oh and Monique, I like the new pics. :smile:
  • anglbebe
    anglbebe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Its OK.. Yeah Mondays are wicked busy for me. I don't get nothing done for me that day. Thats leftovers night. Cause I don't even have time to cook.

The veggie challenge sounds great. I love veggies. So it will be super easy for me. Anyone want any recipes how you can sneak them in. Thant is if we decide on that one. I got kids I had to learn the tricks.

Oh I almost forgot are you supposed to eat back the calories you burn during a workout.??

Well, still, up a half a pound is ok. You'll just be super awesome this week! :bigsmile:
    I updated your weight in my chart for this week... everyone weighs in on Monday, that's why I thought you had meant from yesterday. So you'll probably just have to remind me again next week if you weigh on Tuesday again.

----

Oh and Monique, I like the new pics. :smile:
  • Bunnies_Revenge
    Options

When I got home from the gym this morning my sugar was 68. Oops.
    And now it's at 250. Big oops.

I just can't win today. :ohwell:

So tomorrow morning I go to the doctor and have my first check up with being on insulin. Wish me luck. I do hope the doctor noticed that I have lost weight. Sometimes they can just get you in and out and really never praise you for doing good. So wish me luck!

Yeah, I hate doctors. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Have you gotten the Diabetic carb counting book and nurition information from a doctor yet? I have a lot of neat little booklets that explain a lot about controlling blood sugar levels.