Anyone crazy enough out there to take on a half-marathon?

Options
12346»

Replies

• zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    + 3mi. training
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Long run weekend........................how ya'll doin??

i got 8 miles in on Saturday (the 21st).
  • sparky38351
    Options
    about to head out for 3.5 miles myself :)
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Training for the Wine and Dine in Disney in November. =) My sister, my friend Julie from Alaska and I are all doing it.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Not only am I doing a half this summer, I'm doing immediately after a 1 mile swim and a 50 mile bike.
  • AliceIsRunning
    AliceIsRunning Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Training for the Wine and Dine in Disney in November. =) My sister, my friend Julie from Alaska and I are all doing it.
    I SO want to do this race! I'm running the Tinkerbell Half at Disneyland this Sunday, so I'm planning on registering for the Wine and Dine at the Expo!
  • jseftchick
    jseftchick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my second one on May 6th in Pittsburgh! Can't wait!!!
  • scoyne999
    scoyne999 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for the Lululemon half marathon in Vancouver, BC in August. So excited!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Yes....I am crazy enough. I am doing one in March!
  • htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    Options
    I ran my first half marathon in November. I was NEVER a runner in high school. I HATED running. In my high school yearbook they would have named me least likely to run a half marathon. Over the course of a year I would go out on beautiful days and just say, man I wish I could run in this beautiful weather. And so I did. I started running 1 mile, then 2, then months after 5 miles a day. I had some lag time inbetween and my slipups, but I always kept up with it. Training for my half was difficult, but on the day of my half the farthest I had ever run was 7 miles. Lets just say that I was REALLY looking forward to running that day (seriously, I was so excited). I finished with a 2 hr 11 min finish time. If I can do a half marathon, you can!
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Half marathons are the perfect race distance. They are long enough to make you feel challenged but not too long. I have done 4. Training for my first full marathon this spring :)
    Good luck with training

I have done 3, 1/2 marathons and I totally agree. Did 1 marathon and ran outta gas at mile 21. Finished it with a mix of jog/walk.
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    BUMP