Turbofire/jam help- weight gain?

Options
I'm almost done of week 3 of the 12 week turbofire schedule and I love it. I've also been keeping a pretty good handle on my diet and trying to eat as healthy as possible. However, I seem to be gaining weight rather than losing it.

Anyone have an ideas, advice or personal experience with this.

Help please!

Replies

• kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Andi_1977
    Andi_1977 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How much weight are you talking about? I did go up a pound or two in the first few weeks of Turbofire, but I chalked it up to my body trying to adjust to a new, much more intense routine. Unless you're talking about a significant number of pounds, I wouldn't let it discourage you. How do you feel? How are your clothes fitting? I think because this is a fairly intense program, it seems that most people who don't have a large amount of weight to lose tend to see a more significant change in their body composition than the number on the scale.

I only made it about 1/2 way through the program, due to a foot injury. I only lost about 3 pounds in that time, but several people that know me well commented on how much slimmer I looked. That's good enough for me. Now that my foot has healed, I'm slowly working my way back up to Turbofire, and I can't wait to see what my measurements will be like after a few months!

Editing to add...I just looked at your diary, and although I'm no expert, I'd say you've got the right idea as far as the number of calories you're eating while doing Turbofire. Some people might suggest going lower if you're not losing, but I just don't think eating 1200 calories total when doing something as intense as Turbofire is going to cut it. Just keep doing what you're doing, give it some time, and keep track of your measurements! I've definitely heard others say that they didn't see any significant drops on the scale until the 2nd month of the program.
  • kristenn1989
    Options
    I started at just under 154. Since then I've fluctuated between 149 and 152 (yes, it's only a few lbs, but I can't seem to break past).

My clothes seem to fit the same and I take measurements again on feb 6 after week 4 to see if I lost any inches.
  • Andi_1977
    Andi_1977 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Actually, after going through your diary a little more carefully, I would suggest trying to up your calorie intake for at least a few weeks. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but if your calories burned through exercise are accurate, you may be creating too much of a deficit and stalling your weight loss over time. Again, I'm no professional, but I've seen better results from eating 1600-1800 calories a day while doing workouts that burn 500 calories or more.

Edit...I didn't see your response until after I posted this. Even if you're fluctuating between 149-152, that's still a few pounds less than where you started, and I'd say that's pretty good progress for just being a few weeks into the program. You really don't seem to have a lot to lose, so I wouldn't expect huge numbers each week. There are so many other things that could account for the fluctuation. I'd give it at least a few more weeks before you get too discouraged.
  • kristenn1989
    Options
    Hmmm... I'll look into that. Thanks! :)

I'm also debating going to see the doctor about determining my body fat percentage.
  • charmedlife78
    Options
    i didnt notice any weight loss with turbo fire the first month either but i was soo surprised when i did my measurments after the first month. ive been at a standstill with my weight since september 2009- ill fluctuate between 149-155 usually. hang in there!
  • kristenn1989
    Options
    i didnt notice any weight loss with turbo fire the first month either but i was soo surprised when i did my measurments after the first month. ive been at a standstill with my weight since september 2009- ill fluctuate between 149-155 usually. hang in there!

That's good to know. Thanks! and I'm trying. hoping for a nice loss in inches.