What kind of foods are the best to eat to help you lose weig

Options
It's easier for me to diet when I am on a schedule. I have a regular lunch hour monday through friday. I was wondering what are the best kinds of foods to eat for lunch every day? Do you guys have a set rountine of food that you eat daily? I eat salads alot, but lately I have been getting tired of salads. I eat alot of fruit, but what else would be good for weight loss?

Replies

• dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I usually bring leftovers from the night before. I always cook for two, and then just package up half and put it in my lunch box. If I don't have leftovers, then I usually go with a salad or soup with crackers and cheese. But I definitely prefer the leftovers!
  • ferris1364
    ferris1364 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble because I take classes from 6 - 9:30pm. I usually back a savory sandwich or a wrap or something. But this is getting pretty boring. There's no microwave and having a cold sandwich dinner 3 nights a week really makes me crave some extra food when I get home, even if I've already eaten my full calorie intake by then.

Any ideas for satisfying non-microwave dinner ideas? I've thought about buying a thermos and putting stews and soups in it.

Thanks!
  • kristine518
    Options
    I also try to bring a salad daily for lunch. Make it interesting by adding different things each day.... surprise yourself. I start with basic - lettuce, tomato and cuke. One day add carrots, maybe a piece of low fat cheese, a couple of olives... whatever you can to keep it interesting. Some people like cranberries, oranges or nuts/seeds in their salad. I love salad from home. I'm not a big fan of dressing so that helps with the calories. You could change your dressing daily too. I also will have a salad with tunafish or chicken salad or grilled chicken. No dressing needed and you feel pretty full. I also try to keep a few low fat crackers in my office if I need a little something crunchy. It feels good to eat a healthy salad while the other girls in the office are jamming burgers and fries (today)... I wasn't jealous at all. Fruit is obviously good too... for a mid-morning snack or late afternoon so I'm not starving for dinner. Leftovers are good too.... some grilled chicken and veggies.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing other replies about healthy lunches in case I need a change too. I'm just starting - only 1 week in. The calorie counter is great isn't it? What an eye opener!
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I seem to stick to a diet better during the week than when I am home on the weekends. I get bored with to much of the same thing day in and day out, but I always go back to sandwiches for lunch. I have found a Lite Wheat Bread that I prefer and my favorite lunch meat is Healthy Choice that and a yogurt is my preferred lunch. I am not good about bringing left overs from the night before. I really need to get some more veggies in my diet but I am a picky eater. I would love any Ideas also.:smile:
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    Soup keeps you full and it's usually low calorie. Usually I have 2 types of soup that I cook over the weekend so I can eat all week.