Inspirational Movies on Netflix Instant

Options
The title pretty much says it all - I'm looking for health/weight-related movies (mostly documentaries, I suppose) that are available on Netflix Instant that you guys watch when you need a little inspiration!

:)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Supersize me.:drinker:
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Running The Sahara
    Spirit of the Marathon
    Biggest Loser Series
    Forks over Knives

Those are a few I know of...
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    How is 'Forks over Knifes' ? was on my list to check out.
  • fearlessly
    fearlessly Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendations, guys - just watched Forks Over Knives, it was pretty good but not super captivating for the most part. Still worth it to check it out :)
  • igora_soma
    Options
    Running the Sahara and Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead!! :)
  • Izzycool
    Izzycool Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is a great one. Check it out!
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
    SuperSIze Me
    Fast Food Nation (put you off fast food!)
    Food Inc - heard its good, haven't seen it.
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    King Corn
  • tmandras
    tmandras Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Just remember.... everything you watch is going to be slanted to a specific point of view. After you watch these documentaries, do your own research so that you can have all the facts and information. Do not take what is said in these things as blind fact.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Just remember.... everything you watch is going to be slanted to a specific point of view. After you watch these documentaries, do your own research so that you can have all the facts and information. Do not take what is said in these things as blind fact.

^ Thanks mom. lol
  • SeanIsMyHomeboy
    SeanIsMyHomeboy Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Not a documentary, but if you're looking for inspirational movies.. watch BRONSON.

it will inspire you to get big, have huge muscles, and beat up many men at one time.
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Fat Head
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thadreamer
    thadreamer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The title pretty much says it all - I'm looking for health/weight-related movies (mostly documentaries, I suppose) that are available on Netflix Instant that you guys watch when you need a little inspiration!

:)

Dang! What a good idea... I'm gonna watch a few this weekend...
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I googled something similar awhile ago but couldn't find much. This is a great topic!

to the person who said biggest loser series....is that on watch instantly? I'd love to start watching it...
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Follow
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    "Disfigured" is an interesting movie about weight. It's about an obese woman who makes friends with an anorexic woman. There are some really great moments in it and while it does get dark, it ends on a more positive note.
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead seriously changed me. So did Forks over Knives, Food Inc. (which was awesome to the person who asked how it was), The Future of Food, Food Matters....once you watch some of these, others pop up (I haven't gotten to them yet, but there's one about converting all French school childrens' meals to organic and the effects it has that I really want to see).
  • milanks
    milanks Posts: 122
    Options
    Food Inc, is so awesome in so many ways. I don't think I know anyone who has seen it that wasn't changed by it. It's very well-made as well. We've rewatched it several times in my house.

"Enlighten Up!" is one I like to rewatch too. Very fun movie about yoga and spirituality with a lot of great strong bodies and minds to be inspired by.