Oooo Chicken and Salad!

Options

Replies

• kikina
    kikina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i would marinate the veggie not the lettuce as it will wilt.. set aside some marinade for the chiken.. i usually toss the salad with dressing then add the chicken on top of the plate and lightly drizzle
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Sounds like cross contamination and you will probably get salmonella!

salmonella? didnt they find a cure for that. Wasn't that back in like 1864?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't marinade lettuce

Y not? This is why I'm a chef and you're not.

Sounds like it would make the lettuce soggy.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Great idea! AND, for entertainment the game theme for the night will be 'who can make it to the washroom first'...lol
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    You know...i would totally look at the possible food poisoning as a weight loss bonus. So you can eat ALL the chicken marinade salad you want and STILL lose weight...win/win!!
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The lettuce would get soggy, and uncooked chicken has the risk of having salmonella. Not a good idea.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Sounds like cross contamination and you will probably get salmonella!

No!! As I said, there's no bacteria on my farm fresh organic free run chicken!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    You said you wanted to marinate the veggies in the same container as the uncooked chicken, then plate the veg and cook the chicken. You will be contaminating the veggies with raw chicken=bacteria.

No my chicken is free roam grass fed from a local farm, there's no bacteria on it!

Hard to tell over the internet sometime if people are being sarcastic, or really have a question... My appologies for the answer if you were going for sarcasm... but just because you have free range chickens that does not mean that they are free from disease and bacteria. Sooner or later if you cross contaminate raw chicken or raw eggs, you will get salmonella :(

edit... Ok after reading the answers this is obviously a troll post. nevermind :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You said you wanted to marinate the veggies in the same container as the uncooked chicken, then plate the veg and cook the chicken. You will be contaminating the veggies with raw chicken=bacteria.

No my chicken is free roam grass fed from a local farm, there's no bacteria on it!

Well if it's so clean why cook it at all? Dear God, do you think that free range organic meat doesn't have any bacteria? You're mad! You are a chef????

Somebody hide all the sharp knives, this woman is a danger to us all, lol!
  • badgerbadger1
    Options
    Great idea! AND, for entertainment the game theme for the night will be 'who can make it to the washroom first'...lol

I only have one bathroom and I usually wash my veggies in the sink there since my kitchen sink is always full of dishes.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    The only way to avoid salmonella is to chop up the veggies really tiny. Then the bacteria will be all, where'd all the veggies go? They won't even see them, they'll be so tiny.
  • MrsSWW
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • HauteP1nk
    Options

I only have one bathroom and I usually wash my veggies in the sink there since my kitchen sink is always full of dishes.

That's what will make it even more fun! LOL :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Oh, and instead of dressing, use the marinade. Extra flavor points.
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    just for those of you who still haven't got it, this is meant to be comedic. And hopefully anyone who thought this sounded delicious will now know that that's not only an absurd idea, it will also kill you. Which is why I have commented, because I don't like the risk of anyone who isn't much of a cook or otherwise doesn't know better thinking that this is possible/feasible/something they should try. Sorry if I have spoiled the joke but HEY it was still a funny post.
  • badgerbadger1
    Options
    The only way to avoid salmonella is to chop up the veggies really tiny. Then the bacteria will be all, where'd all the veggies go? They won't even see them, they'll be so tiny.

well if I bought factory chicken that had bacteria I'd be all over this idea, but my chicken is bacteria free so it's really unnecessary.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options

I do this too but when I was my hands I usually leave the veggies in the sink.. It's just too much work to take them out and then put them right back in again.
  • MrsSWW
    Options

That's what will make it even more fun! LOL :)

Yeah, just have your guest *kitten* in your sinks, it'll be clean *kitten*, right? Cos they've been eating clean raw chicken...? :drinker:
  • badgerbadger1
    Options
    Great news! My parents are coming for dinner too! That ups the guest count from 8 to 15!
  • HauteP1nk
    Options

I do this too but when I was my hands I usually leave the veggies in the sink.. It's just too much work to take them out and then put them right back in again.

You wash your hands? That seems pointless too...I mean, they are just going to get dirty again.