My 3rd week of P90X

Options
Beachbody threads are down and I am feeling incomplete without it!
So I cam back here to have some accountability and connect with my buddies!

Back and shoulders are done.
I am going to do AB Ripper this evening!

My goal today to have 1400-1500 calories - I can't see to eat more lately, just feel full!

How are you all doing?

Love
Jenny

Replies

• JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Had a late night last night - We had David Byrne concert and a party afterward, so I am going to playometrics tonight!

Tere, where are you?
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    I know what you mean Jenny, about feeling incomplete with BeachBody being down. Just one more day. I have Plyo today, which I'll be doing in about an hour. what day are you on? This is day 9 for me.
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    oh, I'm dumb... just read the topic, so you're on your 3rd week. =)
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    I know what you mean Jenny, about feeling incomplete with BeachBody being down. Just one more day. I have Plyo today, which I'll be doing in about an hour. what day are you on? This is day 9 for me.

Hi, there!
    That's a great picture of you and your baby - love it!

This is a third week phase 1 for me, and I am starting to think that I am really looking forward to recovery week :wink:

is this your first round? or have you done P90X before?
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    This is my first "real" round. I've been working out for the past 4-5 months at the gym, and then every so often if I didn't have time to go to the gym, I'd throw in a P90X DVD. Which version are you doing? I'm doing Classic.
    Oh and I bet you're ready for that recovery week, but don't be fooled, I've heard it's some work too. ;)
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    This is my second attempt at P90X.
    I started one in Oct 08, but I had an injury while on vaca learing to serf :grumble: and switched to running.
    I did 10 mils race in March, got fluffy (as usual, I am a weird one in that respect)
    did a round of Slim Series to lean out a bit, and started P90X again.
    I am determined to finish it this time!!!!

Recovery week is work for sure. But easier work :wink:
  • newmex
    newmex Posts: 15
    Options
    I have about 20 days left of my P90x and ohhh how great I feel. Keep it up, it is well worth it remember it really is a 90+ day program. I have lost almost 30 lbs and do not want to go back. I decided to change it up today and substituted a 2.5mi jog and some I believe there called steam boats, (from the core CD) instead of KenpoX. Feeling great, you know what I mean, have a great day.

-Chris
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    You'll do great!:wink: I'm very excited to see the results on Day 90! I can't wait to be able to do just 1 pull up!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    I have about 20 days left of my P90x and ohhh how great I feel. Keep it up, it is well worth it remember it really is a 90+ day program. I have lost almost 30 lbs and do not want to go back. I decided to change it up today and substituted a 2.5mi jog and some I believe there called steam boats, (from the core CD) instead of KenpoX. Feeling great, you know what I mean, have a great day.

-Chris

Love steamboats!

Congrats on losing 30 pounds!
    We don't want to go back! No way no how!
    BB changes you mentally, doesn't it!
    And Tony has a way of making you feel differently...
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    You'll do great!:wink: I'm very excited to see the results on Day 90! I can't wait to be able to do just 1 pull up!

Gosh! Yes! At tleast one!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!
    :laugh:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    I actually feel like I did Playo yesterday!
    At the concert noone was sitting, so I was jumping like the kids around me for 2 hours!
    kids=young people my son's age! LOL
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    okay just finished Plyo! Sweating my butt off!I love it!
  • Tere07
    Tere07 Posts: 46
    Options
    Jen,

Hi!!! I found your forum.:happy: As I mentioned, I planned on doing the 2 day fast and started today. I will use my protein powder in replace of the fast shakes. So far, I am feeling ok. Since I finished CE about a week ago, this should be an good break for me. I have been doing BIU for 1 week after CE and I think I need to refresh myself (hehe). I might do another round of CE. I really enjoyed the wo. But in the meantime, finish 4 weeks of BIU and then CE.

OK, I will catch up with you later...
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    great stuff Tere!

Good luck with fasting!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Plyometrics is done.
    Sweat galore.
    Llllllllllllllllllllllllllooooove it!
  • lovinlife581
    lovinlife581 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Gosh! Yes! At tleast one!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!
    :laugh:

I hear ya, ladies! I installed a fancy pull up bar in my basement and I am determined to do unassisted pullups! Not sure how long it will take me to get there, but I will get it done!!!

Guess I should introduce myself. I'm Rachel. I'm doing my first round of P90X and I'm in my 4th week - recovery week. But I tell ya, starting of the week with 90 minutes of yoga X does not feel like takin it easy to me! Anyway, I'm having a great time with it. Was missing TBB and was happy to find this thread!
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Hi, Rachel!

You are a week ahead of me!

I miss BB threads, but I will keep coming here after BB is back in business!

I get different ideas from the mix of people and exercises on MFP!

I need to do shoulders and back today(?)
    I can't put a pull up bar anywhere in my darn Victorian house...Grrrr...
    So I am doing bands.
    I will do pullups eventually.

Working from home today - so nice to sleep in a bit!!!
    Yesterday I did Plyo and really gave it hell.
    So good to recover and get the zzz!!!!

I will work out a bit later.

KPP!
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    Welcome Rachel! I'm in my 2nd week. BB will be up and running tomorrow! WOO HOO!!! Today is Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper. Can't wait, love working those Glamour Muscles. :wink:
  • JennyGetsFit
    Options
    Morning, glitchgirl!
    doing the same today.
    As much as I love debbie, her programs got my legs strong, but my upper body needs A LOT of work!!!
    I wonder if I did not work hard enough with Slim Series or Slim in 6...
    It's a process...
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    Hey Jenny, have you seen the preview for Shaun T's new INSANITY? It looks like an awesome work out. May get it after I'm finished with these 90 days.