What was the hardest thing for you to give up?

Options
The only things I hated to give up for my new diet were Dr. Pepper and curly fries!

Luckily I already enjoyed all of the healthy things I eat today, so the transition was pretty easy.

What do you miss from your old diet? (not that you can't squeeze it in every once in a while ;) )

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I didn't find it necessary to give up any foods I enjoy in order to lose weight.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Walking.

Luckily, I replaced it with a more efficient exercise.
  • paundem
    Options
    Hamburgers and pizza!!! but I try once in a wile to eat them at lunch... but it has been hard.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    cigarettes
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I havent given it up yet. My problem is a piece of chocolate everyday I am slowly cutting down but at the moment it still fits in my calories eventually it will totally disapear but until then I will just having smaller pieces. I did take some out of my trolly yesterday even though my fav was on offer.
  • mrstwito
    Options
    SUPER DUPER PROUD!! I gave them up November 21st - haven't looked back - don't cha just feel better!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    cigarettes

AWESOME!!!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Mt Dew. Chips, but luckily I learned how to make my own chips!
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    I havent given it up yet. My problem is a piece of chocolate everyday I am slowly cutting down but at the moment it still fits in my calories eventually it will totally disapear but until then I will just having smaller pieces. I did take some out of my trolly yesterday even though my fav was on offer.

Have you tried dark chocolate?
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    The only things I hated to give up for my new diet were Dr. Pepper and curly fries!

Luckily I already enjoyed all of the healthy things I eat today, so the transition was pretty easy.

What do you miss from your old diet? (not that you can't squeeze it in every once in a while ;) )

I miss curly fries too.
  • My favorite tub of ice cream. My fat hand doesn't understand what moderation means yet so until I can control myself with a tub of ice cream in the fridge, I can only eat Arctic Zero "ice cream."
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    pizza, chocolate and sweets!
  • cooter2533
    Options
    I still eat them sometimes but ice cream, wings, pizza, and fries for me.
  • rlgraves
    rlgraves Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You dont have to completely take out hamburgers and pizza, try a turkey burger (taste the same to me) or a boca burger which is a meatless burger 60 calories for the patty and with a wheat bun your saving tons of calories without losing taste..also I LOVE LOVE LOVE veggie pizzas... Have you ever heard of Pinterest? They have tons of health foods that do not take away taste...hope this helps!!
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I miss cigarettes and booze. There is nothing pleasant about the morning after. Unfortunately, or should I say fortunately, I can't even let myself have a little bit because I'm preggo now. It's going to be awhile before I can enjoy a good beer.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Ice cream before bed. A rare, but calorific expense I couldn't justify!
  • CNG223
    CNG223 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Definitely soda, mainly Coke