Oooo Chicken and Salad!

Options
124»

Replies

• curvatrino
    curvatrino Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You said you wanted to marinate the veggies in the same container as the uncooked chicken, then plate the veg and cook the chicken. You will be contaminating the veggies with raw chicken=bacteria.

No my chicken is free roam grass fed from a local farm, there's no bacteria on it!

this is basic food safety. there WILL be a risk of contamination from putting uncooked meat (of any kind) with salad or vegetables that you are not going to cook. If you do this, you'll likely get food poisoning, which will be *great* for your weightloss {sarcasm}
  • mom2enlp
    mom2enlp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Actually, its very dangerous to do that. Cross-contamination is a huge concern, and the veggies wouldnt be cooked to get reid of any potential contaminants. Uncooked poultry, in particular, is a huge risk because of Salmonella and other illnesses.

An option you might consider is to take some of the marinade (BEFORE it comes into contact with the chicken) and toss the salad veggies in it just before serving it. That will give you the flavor you're looking for. If you want to, you can cover the veggies with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 30 minutes or so, but you run the risk of everything turning mushy then.

I can't stress enough how dangerous it could be to mix raw chicken with anything else. Make sure you throw out the marinade as soon as you start cooking the chicken, as well. It cannot be reused once the chicken is placed into it.

I hope this helps!
  • jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You know...i would totally look at the possible food poisoning as a weight loss bonus. So you can eat ALL the chicken marinade salad you want and STILL lose weight...win/win!!
    ROFL...binging comes to MFP
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    This post is absolutely ridiculous, potentially harmful, and an overall waste of everyone's time. It's not even a funny joke. Now there's one minute of my life I'll never get back.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    This post is absolutely ridiculous, potentially harmful, and an overall waste of everyone's time. It's not even a funny joke. Now there's one minute of my life I'll never get back.

U mad?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Actually, its very dangerous to do that. Cross-contamination is a huge concern, and the veggies wouldnt be cooked to get reid of any potential contaminants. Uncooked poultry, in particular, is a huge risk because of Salmonella and other illnesses.

An option you might consider is to take some of the marinade (BEFORE it comes into contact with the chicken) and toss the salad veggies in it just before serving it. That will give you the flavor you're looking for. If you want to, you can cover the veggies with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 30 minutes or so, but you run the risk of everything turning mushy then.

I can't stress enough how dangerous it could be to mix raw chicken with anything else. Make sure you throw out the marinade as soon as you start cooking the chicken, as well. It cannot be reused once the chicken is placed into it.

I hope this helps!

I think you're missing the point.. It's a joke.. Get it? Haha? Oh maybe not..

Badger:
    Nice post... Maybe you can also throw a little raw beef in there.. Mad cow disease and chicken.. Goes perfectly!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    First I laughed.... then I read the posts.... then I laughed some more.... Then I thought.... IF there was a SARCASTICA font, would it REALLY make a difference?
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Soooo did you make the salad or not?