Wii Zumba

Options

Replies

• Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Where does it show you how many calories you should have burned? I have been doing it for a few weeks now and love it but just have been guess on the calories.

zumba 2 has the calories that you've burned on it. zumba 1 doesn't. I prefer zumba 2 over one anyday!!!
  • MelBee29
    Options
    you can go check your profile and there should be icons for weight, and so forth as well as how many calories you burn , not sure if its the same for zumba 1 but i have the new edition and it works , but to each their own i feel it every time i do it in my lower body and its fun!
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm was thinking of buying the Wii Zumba and after these comments, I think I'm gonna give it a whirl. I just started going to classes and I love it. It's not like exercise at all because it's so fun to do.
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I bought it and resold it on ebay the same day. I tried it and it just wasn't for me. Good luck though, I have several friends that love it!

Same here, I'm just not co-ordinated enough for it. Although I love the wii fit plus game!
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have zumba and just dance 3 for the Wii, and I love them both, they are so much fun and a great workout! :)
  • lindac1955
    lindac1955 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Zumba on Wii is pretty good, however if you have a zumba class nearby, I would recommend that this is far more effective. Not only do you meet more people( and find out that you are not as uncoordinated as you think you are!), but you excercise much harder than you do on your own. I find that I push myself a lot more, and the results have been showing.:smile:
  • rykacalla
    Options
    I love Wii Zumba Fitness 2, and I swear by it! I'm competitive with myself, and it pushes me to beat my own high score. The thing about Zumba is if you're moving - you're burning calories.. even if you aren't doing it exactly like they are. I have the original version of zumba, and the new exhilerate program - but I prefer the Wii version.
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have both 1 & 2 and i love em!! great calorie burn!! i wear my polar HRM and the cals are always a lot higher on the game than my actual HRM...example game will say 723 hrm will say 499...but that's still a great burn!! and i like 2 better, u can see their legs better and movements

exercise.png
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I really don't like the Zumba games =\ I tried the demo on Kinect and it was pretty bad.
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    @jayneoh - Another member wrote this below, she tested it on her HRM and it was pretty exact.
    I have it ! im 2 days in & I LOVE IT !!! i wear my HRM check my pulse before i start and after each routine and its pretty accurate to the games stats of how many calories i burn , i highly recommend it !

Did you use your HRM on the original Wii Zumba or Zumba 2? Just curious, I have the original and am just getting started on it but a friend has Zumba 2 and says it has a better interface.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info.. Im def on the hunt now for this one =)
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have both games and I have to say that I like the second one better. Like others have said the interface is so much better and I feel like you can follow the movements alot easier. I also do the Exhilarate DVD program twice a week after work with some of my co-workers and I really like that one as well.
  • PagalM
    PagalM Posts: 19
    Options
    Zumba 2 ftw!!! Sooo much better than than the first one!!!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have it ! im 2 days in & I LOVE IT !!! i wear my HRM check my pulse before i start and after each routine and its pretty accurate to the games stats of how many calories i burn , i highly recommend it !

Ok....stupid question....where does it tell you in the game stats about calories burned?? I've never even noticed it!!
  • PagalM
    PagalM Posts: 19
    Options

Ok....stupid question....where does it tell you in the game stats about calories burned?? I've never even noticed it!!

Can't remember on the first one but once you finish a class on the 2 it shows you your statistics for the class, calories burned, how many stars out of 5 you got, how many points and your percentage of the technique. It should be in the menu also so you can track what you are doing each day or every time you play it.
  • rmesta
    rmesta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's a great workout!
  • ravensfan1
    ravensfan1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have it. I'm not very coordinated and have no rhythm so I got discouraged. I'm going to give it another try since Zumba Fitness 2 is out now.
  • lre0054
    Options
    I love my zumba for the wii. I dont get to get out often and this a great work out to do around the kids. Im not coordinated at all but its so fun. When im done im drenched in sweat so it must be doing something
  • MelBee29
    Options
    sorry for the late response ... if you go into statistics under your profile you should be able to see it when i go on tomorrow i will double check !
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOVE IT! I prefer a real class, but it is WELL worth the $$$
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!