Very frustrated!!!!!

Options
I started back on myfitnesspal this week. The first time I actually lost around 18 lbs last year. I normally start seeing results the first week, sometimes after only a few days. I have been trying to do really well this week by staying under my calorie goals and have actually exercised more than I ever have any other time I lost weight. Why did I get on the scale this morning and after a week I am actually up 0.5 lbs. I should have at least seen some weight lost, let alone weight gained!! I am really upset and scared about what the future holds for my weight loss. I know it has only been a week, but like I said I always see results by now. Any suggestions??

Replies

• gosoxjimbo
    Options
    Always weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you use the restroom but before you eat or drink anything. If you need to see immediate results I would recommend doing this everyday. Also never weigh yourself after a bad day give yourself a day to get back on track....Also keep in mind if you are doing any strength training you will not see the results on the scale as muscle weighs much more than fat. You have to use measurements to truly see the results...
  • clarkane8
    clarkane8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yeah I ALWAYS weigh myself in the morning. I never weigh after I have eaten or drank anything. That would make me even more upset. The exercises I have done have been mostly cardio with some resistance exerceises. Mostly cardio though. Is anyone else having my problem?
  • RachelHoglen
    Options
    maybe water weight?? you might try upping your water intake and lowering sodium. also even cardio can build muscle, so you may see a bit of gain before the loss. stick with it, you'll get there! :)
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good to see you back. Been lonesome around here without you. :flowerforyou:

Even though you saw results sooner last time, it would be premature to beat yourself up about it after a week. Give your body a little time to adjust

If the scale doesn't start to budge, you may want to re-evaluate your macros.

A few observations based upon viewing your diary:

Your sodium has been high, as such you may be retaining water
    Your calorie intake has been low (may or may not be a concern depending on your stats, activity, md orders . ect.)

While it was mentioned above ( and with good intentions, just misinformed) about it possibly being muscle....we could only wish we built up muscle that quickly LOL However if that cardio involved any sort of resistance training it COULD be possible the muscle tissue is retaining water ( Hence, why you work out like crazy and weigh in the next day...only to be disappointed with no loss or even a slight gain. If you're doing resistance training, weigh in after your rest day.

Best wishes.

*********DISCLAIMER********
    I am not a DR./RD/or any other professional. The above is just my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions, don't you? :bigsmile:

HOWEVER I did stay the night at a Holiday Inn once.