no desire to exercise, count cals or move ...

Options
i am in a rut. i have no desire this week to even deal with this... or exercise. I know i should but grrrrrrr.
i just dont feel like i even want to...

does this happen to anyone else everyso often?

Replies

• MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    YES! Sometimes I feel like it's hopeless and just do not want to do any of it anymore. I usually then shove a whole bunch of crap in my mouth that I shouldn't be eating so much of. Then, the next day, I get SO mad at myself. And then I feel even worse. But, after a few days, it's usually out of my system and I'm back to being myself. :smile: So, I don't really have any awesome advice for you.

You could wait it out... and see if it just goes away in a day or two... or you can push yourself and do it anyway.

Best of luck! Sorry I wasn't of much help.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I think we all have our bad days, but hang in there! I think that we women, go though this every month for a few days or so! Unfortunately, no one else can exercise for us or count our calories! Wouldn't that be great!! LOL!! Tell me where to sign!! LOL!!

But, seriously, hang in there!! You have 11 lbs to go to meet your goal!! You can do it!! You deserve it!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    It's normal. Revisit your goals & reasons for wanting to lose.
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    YES! Sometimes I feel like it's hopeless and just do not want to do any of it anymore. I usually then shove a whole bunch of crap in my mouth that I shouldn't be eating so much of. Then, the next day, I get SO mad at myself. And then I feel even worse. But, after a few days, it's usually out of my system and I'm back to being myself. :smile: So, I don't really have any awesome advice for you.

You could wait it out... and see if it just goes away in a day or two... or you can push yourself and do it anyway.

Best of luck! Sorry I wasn't of much help.

AMEN! Keep a goin'. Eventually you'll pull out of it!
  • jaxterbom
    jaxterbom Posts: 73
    Options
    You've done great so far :bigsmile: , so ... build on success, and KEEP GOING!!! A simple walk counts as exercise.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Go shopping and try on some clothes and bathing suits!! Always good motivation for me. :flowerforyou:

You will get through this, call a friend, take a nice hot bath, maybe you just need to pamper yourself in other ways besides eating. :flowerforyou:
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    dont give up..we all have days like this...and you have all of us here to help you threw it..:happy:
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    yes it does, but the key is to keep going and not give up because of one sluggish day :flowerforyou:
  • ReaT
    ReaT Posts: 9
    Options
    Find a non-exercise exercise to do, something that burns calories but is just plain fun. Put on some music and dance around your house like crazy. Go to a hiking trail and just walk. Go for a casual bike ride. Or just go to the mall and stroll around window shopping. Go bowling with friends, go golfing. Just move even if it doesn't feel like 'exercise' to you.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I get like that every couple of weeks for a few days. Normally I just treat it like going to work on a Monday. You don't really WANT to, but once you start, it's not so bad, and with exercise, by the end, you usually feel way better about it once your done.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I get like that every couple of weeks for a few days. Normally I just treat it like going to work on a Monday. You don't really WANT to, but once you start, it's not so bad, and with exercise, by the end, you usually feel way better about it once your done.

This is exactly how I feel! I feel so much more normal now:smile:
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    thanks everybody.
    i get worried that when this happens i wont pull out and will go back to my old habits.
    i have logged my day and would love a nap. LOL
    will probably take dogs for a walk down at the beach to get out after work:)

i just get so tired of thinking about food: what i ate, what i want to eat, what i cant eat, what i will eat for dinner, what i may eat but be mad at myself for before dinner...

my brain hurts,
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    That might be the problem. It sounds like you are thinking in a way that is limiting yourself. There is nothing that you "can't eat" and there should be nothing that you should be mad at yourself for eating. If you really are talking about habits and changing your lifestyle, then you can't be restrictive.

If you want to eat something, then eat it. Don't eat 5 servings of it, but you can have what you want or this wont last to long for you.

As to your lifelong weight struggle, that may be your body telling you that this is YOUR ideal weight. Maybe not in your mind, but for your healthy body, this may be your goal. Just a thought.
  • sabes2631
    Options
    I usually eat what I want. But in moderation... it is the moderation part or the not choosing wisely that gets me. i am blue today too and want to sleep. doesnt help. i need sun and some fun...
  • sabes2631
    Options
    just get tired of the struggle sometimes...
    i will bounce back:)
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    You will, or you wouldn't even be on here wasting your time. You have the desire in you. :drinker:

Good luck.
  • penguinlady
    Options
    Whenever I'm in a state where I feel like you do now, I listen to relaxation cds or weight loss meditation and hypnotic cds which get me out of the kitchen and not so stressed about my lack of motivation or uncontrolable cravings.

You sound like you really want to just sleep. I think you should just listen to your body and take a nap. However, excessive sleep is one of the signs of depression, so you should keep an eye on this if you end up napping too much.

217956.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting