Water, water everywhere

Options
I swear I am peeing filtered water at this point! I'm up 3 times a night using the bathroom. Does everybody really need to drink 8 glasses of water everyday? Fresh veggies are very high in water content, I drink green tea and a couple of Perriers a day (which I'm still undecided about whether I should count them as water). I may be getting healthy nutritionally. but it seems I'm getting very poor sleep, which is also bad for a body. Any facts on this out there?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You should drink enough that your pee is clear or very light. Don't worry about the specific amount of water you are drinking. As you said yourself, food contains water. It doesn't matter if you are getting it from plain water or from food, it's still water.
  • tboothgenthe
    Options
    Tell me about it - I'd love to make it through a night without having to get up!

And yes - you need 8 glasses :)

Helps with the hunger as well as keeping your body running well.
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think 8 glasses is really the bare minimum. Most dietary refrences state taht you can get away with 6 and that you CAN include the water content associated with most fruits and veggies, I however think that most people need more then that. IMO, 3-4 liters is what an active adult following a healthy diet should intake.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Agreed sick of getting up to pee at night. UGGGGGGG.