For those that love Valentines day.

Options

Replies

• fava87
    fava87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend, now husband, on our first V-Day surprised me with a limo and took me to Boston. On the way home he kissed me and gave me a saphire dimond ring. We then spent he remainder of our evening snuggling on the couch watching movies. I think that was pretty good considering I was 16 and he was 18. He never lost the touch either, his proposal topped that!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    My partner saved me from a physically, sexually and psychologically abusive relationship. He then stood by me through a court case and break down, and the train wreck I was whilst I gained 8 stone, and had therapy to get over it. Now 4 stone on... Lots of therapy later and I'm getting better. He also brought 2 wonderful step kids into my life. Its been hard at times but he's always been there... I'm so lucky! X
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites was the year I stopped at the college bookstore (I was a student) and bought my husband a bunch of flowers. They weren't roses, but were pretty.

I like it because it's so non-"traditional". But who says a girl can't give her guy flowers? :happy: And it felt good to do something nice for someone else.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    **kicks rock**

Still waiting for mine

what she said.
    Same for me
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    As a fat kid - this was my best VD-Day

200455_503144043600_45900091_30071145_7113_n.jpg

That is a *kitten* ton of chocolate.

But a nice story - back in high school I didn't date much so there was never a "Valentine." A buddy and me were talking about this, how it's a bit depressing for the single folk. That night I was working, life guarding at our YMCA and there's a knock on the back door. Here's my buddy coming from work at the bakery carrying a box - a dozen pink-strawberry frosted donuts and some candies. We were each other's first Valentines :bigsmile:

Wait I thought I was your sexual chocolate? Cheatin wh-re

Bwahahaa!!!!!!!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband had a walk way of rose petals to the tub where he had a bubble bath waiting for me with more rose petals in the water. We went out for dinner and movie later that evening.

This was 10+ years ago. Don't really celebrate anymore the people I date never make it to this holiday before being dumped.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My husband proposed on Valentine's Day 5 months after we met. And then the next day we found out I was pregnant with out first baby. I know crazy, right? Well, four years later we're still together, we just had our third baby and we couldn't be more in love!
  • borst13
    borst13 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    my school did the secret carnation thing also. I never got one. now I feel like crying in the corner..
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Actually Valentine's Day is not made up. It dates back to Roman times, where it was called Lupercalia Day and celebrated on Feb. 15th to the God, Lupercus (to this day, no one really knows who of what Lupercus did, but that's part of the great mystery of life). The preists to Lupercus, or Luperci would sacrifice a few goats, don their skins and run through the streets naked (except wearing the goat skin), slapping women as they went by. If you were slapped, you were supposedly fertile.

Today men just give you chocolates instead of slapping you with a goat skin. I want my goat skin!
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I honestly understand why some people dislike the day due to past or current hurts and disappointments,have had my share same as most.
    Still though why not have a day just to celebrate and respect love.
    Maybe some who have lost it in their lives or relationships can find it again.

Tell about your best love story or Valentines day.

I do not have one as far as a relationship, but every year I go for heart shaped pizzas at Boston Pizza with my son, or make heart shaped pizzas with him. We make cup cakes, and he usually wants to buy me a present. I love Valentine's Day, and I love Halloween. haha, My two fave days of the year.
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    im known for throwing the anti-valentines day party and damn proud of it:)
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I used to hate Valentine's day with a passion. I dont absolutely hate it any more because my husband loves the day. Our first valentines day together his church was having a valentines day dinner and he bought me a dozen pink roses. Last year we were too busy with school and work but he gave me a pretty necklace.

I was always the fat ugly kid no one wanted growing up. So valentines day brings back a lot of painful memories. I'm just lucky my husband is so caring and thoughtful.
  • clairification
    clairification Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My favorite has to be my first Valentines day with my husband (then boyfriend). Along with flowers and a balloon that may have been the size of Texas, he gave me hat and scarf that he made so I could be warm walking to and from class. He actually had his sister teach him how to crochet so he could make them! They are well worn now, but I still wear them and it makes me smile every time I do.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it...just like a chick flick....plastic and fake. I would rather a dude make a huge deal out of anniversary then V-day. Just me.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    As a fat kid - this was my best VD-Day

200455_503144043600_45900091_30071145_7113_n.jpg

That is a *kitten* ton of chocolate.

But a nice story - back in high school I didn't date much so there was never a "Valentine." A buddy and me were talking about this, how it's a bit depressing for the single folk. That night I was working, life guarding at our YMCA and there's a knock on the back door. Here's my buddy coming from work at the bakery carrying a box - a dozen pink-strawberry frosted donuts and some candies. We were each other's first Valentines :bigsmile:

Omg lindor truffles. Amazing! X
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Time: Valentine day during collage.

Problem: I had to take a truck load of stuff to my parents' house 7 hours from school and would miss the first Valentine's day with my V. Harlod, my GF of 4 months. At least I had set it up that when she was taking a shower, here house mate would put a card and small present on her bed from me.

Story: Turns out my parents left before I got to their house. This meant I was not going to have to stay the obligatory night to show I was a good son. I unloaded everything, left a note and took off like a bat out of hell. I get back into town by 6:00. I know, since I was not going to be in town, she was interviewing candidate for internships for a washing DC trip. And I know roughly where she is going to be on campus. I rush home, wash up, get a bottle of Champagne out of the fridge (cuz I always had an emergency bottle of Champagne in the fridge at that time of my life), grab two glasses, a boom box (it was the 80's for godsakes, of course I had a boombox), and Peter Gabriel tape (it was the 80's for godsakes, stop snickering).

Once stocked up, I head to campus, find the lot he car is in and wait along the path she must take to get to her car. I spot her coming out of the building, she can only see a portion of me, but I hear her friend say "look at that guy trying to surprise some girl with a "romantic' gesture. That is just the kind of thing that makes me sick about Valentine's Day." They both get close; I hit the play button and hear the friend again saying "what a fool". I then step out a little more, pop the Champagne bottle open with one hand and hear my GF squeal "yes, but he is my fool"

And that my friends is my most awesome Valentine's day ever.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    This boy in highschool once gave me the sweetest little heart necklace. It was so thoughtful. We weren't even dating... just friends. I am now married (to a different guy) and he loves me dearly but thinks v-day is dumb so he ignores it. :sad:
    I feel ya! My husband says it's just a made up day to sell Hallmark cards!

That would devastate me. Kick his up the *kitten* lol x
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I do not have one as far as a relationship, but every year I go for heart shaped pizzas at Boston Pizza with my son, or make heart shaped pizzas with him. We make cup cakes, and he usually wants to buy me a present. I love Valentine's Day, and I love Halloween. haha, My two fave days of the year.

I'm borrowing your idea and making heart shaped pizzas with my munchkin this year! That is already one of our favorite things to do. I just need to cut them into hearts. I can't wait!
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    **kicks rock**

Still waiting for mine

what she said.
    Same for me

I'll get in line for the "still waiting for mine"... maybe someday?
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    Options
    My favorite has to be my first Valentines day with my husband (then boyfriend). Along with flowers and a balloon that may have been the size of Texas, he gave me hat and scarf that he made so I could be warm walking to and from class. He actually had his sister teach him how to crochet so he could make them! They are well worn now, but I still wear them and it makes me smile every time I do.
    Aw... Lovely story! X