Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

To much sodium?

lilmandy89
lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
What is a reasonable amount of sodium intake for a day and how much is to much? :huh:

Replies

• lilmandy89
    What is a reasonable amount of sodium intake for a day and how much is to much? :huh:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    harvard medical school says 2300-2400 mg a day

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/daily-sodium-intake.htm
  • c-grandma
    c-grandma Posts: 73
    2400mg. or less per day for adults.
  • lilmandy89
    thx :happy:
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    WOW!!!!:noway: Thats alot!!
  • tuber311
    tuber311 Posts: 15
    Clarification:

The tolerable upper intake level for adults (UL) -that means the most any person should have in one day- is set by the FDA at 2300 mg/day.

The Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) -a manageable intake level for the average adult age19-50 - is 1500 mg/day.

The average US persons sodium intake is 3000 mg/day, and is enough soduim to increase the likelyhood of stroke & heart disease.

Last month I had 5 days where my sodium intake level was over 6000 mg
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Clarification:

The tolerable upper intake level for adults (UL) -that means the most any person should have in one day- is set by the FDA at 2300 mg/day.

The Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) -a manageable intake level for the average adult age19-50 - is 1500 mg/day.

The average US persons sodium intake is 3000 mg/day, and is enough soduim to increase the likelyhood of stroke & heart disease.

Last month I had 5 days where my sodium intake level was over 6000 mg

GOSH! That is a lot!
    Goes to show that we should stay away from Salt as much as possible. No need for heart attacks or strokes.
  • lilmandy89
    Wow I never really paid attention until now, I had a can of soup (2 bowls) throughout the day from campbells and it had 1,892mg of sodium :noway:
  • You should take no more than 2000grams per day
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Interesting posts. I shudder to think how much sodium I was getting a day before I started this weight loss program! I'm a major label reader now and I'm always saying "holy cow that's a lot of sodium!" when I see how much sodium some of the food products have. This website has been invaluable to me.
This discussion has been closed.