Diet OR Life Style

Options

Replies

• KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Lifestyle cause the last 5 times I lost the weight I was on a diet and when I was done dieting I gained it back. :sad:
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm on a journey
  • stwalsh226
    Options
    the diet led to the life style.

^^this eventually. still in the beginning stages now.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle change. The main reason I'm making these healthy changes is so that I can be a good example for my kids. So that I can teach them what I was never taught. So that hopefully they won't struggle with their weight the way I have.
  • jwelch7290
    jwelch7290 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle all the way!
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle. Diets in the passed would mean I would lose the weight and then revert back to my old eating habits. Lifestyle means I've adopted a new way of eating that once I meet my goal I will be able to maintain that weight by continuing to eat the foods I am eating now with a cap on calories.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    sigh....we all have a diet...even folks who aren't *dieting*. A diet is what you eat and drink. Your diet may be 5,000 calories a day and causing you to gain weight...but its still your diet.

good grief, folks, stop ripping people's heads' off for saying what's in their diet. Its easier than saying "this is what I eat and drink".
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    both, because diet to me means what you eat, so I changed my life style and now have a better diet

Agree, I've never really been a dieter before so diet has no negative connotations for me
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think it starts out as a diet but turns into a lifestyle when you realize how much better you look AND feel.
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    I have spent most of my life eating a regular diet with unlimited amounts of crap as part of my life style, but now I am trying to reduce the amount of calories in my diet so I can have a healthier life style.

Yep! ^^
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Change in lifestyle prompted a change in my (and my families) diet :)
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this is a lifestyle change and has become my regular diet.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Lifestyle change definately. Those that say diet are doomed to gain the weight back, this is will only work if you modifiy your lifestyle and get away from the bad habits that led us to becoming overweight in the first place.
  • destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have spent most of my life eating a regular diet with unlimited amounts of crap as part of my life style, but now I am trying to reduce the amount of calories in my diet so I can have a healthier life style.

I like this, I completely agree.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    sigh....we all have a diet...even folks who aren't *dieting*. A diet is what you eat and drink. Your diet may be 5,000 calories a day and causing you to gain weight...but its still your diet.

good grief, folks, stop ripping people's heads' off for saying what's in their diet. Its easier than saying "this is what I eat and drink".

But people saying "I'm going on a diet" makes its sound temporary instead of a LIFETIME of change
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what the hell a diet is. I've been fully vegan for 3 weeks now, and it's definitely a lifestyle change for the better. I feel better, have more energy, and I like what I eat. Isn't that what we all want? You don't have to be vegan to get those things--you just have to know what works for you.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    both, because diet to me means what you eat, so I changed my life style and now have a better diet
    Yep. I didn't diet as a verb, I changed my lifestyle to have a better diet as a noun. :)
  • thin150
    thin150 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    At the moment its a diet which hopefully will progress to a life style change
    I'm forcing my self to stick to it so that is the main reason it's a diet. When I start to do this and don't even think about I am set for life :)
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    Lifestyle. I am very fat. But went on this food plan to work on my health. I'm on an anti inflammatory food plan, for life if I want to be healthy. I NEEDED to do that, or wind up crippled up with my skin going haywire. And it is working.

A lovely side effect of doing this has been weight loss. But if I didn't lose another ounce, I'd stay on this food plan. So yeah, it's a big food style change for me anyway. I still live the same life, just changed my food and am exercising to regain stamina. They are working together.

I came into MFP to track my food. That's really all I wanted it for. But then noticed the forums, so wandered over to check them out.

The food tracking helps me stay on my commitment very well. And this is a life long commitment now.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

But people saying "I'm going on a diet" makes its sound temporary instead of a LIFETIME of change

Yeah, what she said ^^