McDonalds Chicken Nuggets ... wow!

Options

Replies

• sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    They would be bad enough if they were merely chunks of chicken that had been breaded and deep-fried in oil. One documentary describes McDonald's nuggets as chickens “stripped down to the bone, and then 'ground up’ into a chicken mash, then combined with a variety of stabilizers and preservatives, pressed into familiar shapes, breaded and deep fried, freeze dried, and then shipped to a McDonald’s near you.”

there is no Chicken in the chicken nugget, it is pink slime , have you not watch the ANIMAL act website video , i will prove it to you very soon
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I think they're rather tasty.

lol me too!!!!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My favorite sauce is the Sweet and Sour. What's yours?

Honey Mustard. Yum!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    there is no Chicken in the chicken nugget, it is pink slime , have you not watch the ANIMAL act website video , i will prove it to you very soon

How soon is "very soon"? Should I get comfy?
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    McDonald's nuggets - crap.

Chick-Fil-A nuggets - addictive.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), there are no Chick-Fil-A locations within reasonable driving distance of where I live. ;)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

i really dont care whats in there if i go to McDonalds im not looking for a healthy meal. Thats like calling a phone sex line to chat about the weather.
  • gsarro
    gsarro Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yummmmmmmmmm, chicken mcnuggets with bbq sauce. Burgers, fries its all good:smile:
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    mmmmm nuggets this fat man crack! lol
  • chrisandrews75
    chrisandrews75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I fully approve. I don't buy them. But using as much of an animal as possible is a very good use of resources and affordability.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    They would be bad enough if they were merely chunks of chicken that had been breaded and deep-fried in oil. One documentary describes McDonald's nuggets as chickens “stripped down to the bone, and then 'ground up’ into a chicken mash, then combined with a variety of stabilizers and preservatives, pressed into familiar shapes, breaded and deep fried, freeze dried, and then shipped to a McDonald’s near you.”

That was from "Supersize Me" right?

Current ingredients of Chicken McNuggets are: Chicken, water, salt, sodium phosphates. Battered and breaded with bleached wheat flour, water, wheat flour, modified food starch, salt, spices, wheat gluten, paprika, dextrose (sugar), yeast, garlic powder, rosemary, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and cottonseed oil with mono- and diglycerides, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, ammonium bicarbonate, monocalcium phosphate), natural flavor (plant source) with extractives of paprika. Fried in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane, a silicone derivative is added as an antifoaming agent.

That list is from Wickipedia but confirmed here: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/getnutrition/ingredientslist.pdf

Yikes!
  • mlks2012
    Options
    I saw a picture of what this meal looks like in the documentary. I kid you not, it looked to have a pink hue that had a substance that looked like the consistency of those foam things that you float on in a pool. It was rather gross. I know they can taste good to a palate that is used to fast food. It was rather amazing the transformation from that into what we know as the mcnuggets. Be afraid, be very afraid! :-)
  • jannette1
    Options
    Check this out....I used to like them too until I saw this

http://pinterest.com/pin/221309769158530335/
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

How soon is "very soon"? Should I get comfy?

Ok.. I'm ready now.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That's awesome!

[/quote]

i really dont care whats in there if i go to McDonalds im not looking for a healthy meal. Thats like calling a phone sex line to chat about the weather.
    [/quote]
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T67DvoH2H3E <----video about "mechanically separated poultry" used in chicken nuggets.

Mcd's has changed their practices in recent years to supposedly use white meat in their nuggets, but there are some other brands and restaurants still use this process
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I fully approve. I don't buy them. But using as much of an animal as possible is a very good use of resources and affordability.

I like the way you think, dude.
  • siouxperwoman
    Options
    I laugh at all the people who say "They are amazing, who cares what they are made out of, I eat them anyways"... um clearly you don't care, that is why you are on MFP. Clearly, those nuggets you ate didn't help you stay fit and healthy by any means, otherwise you wouldn't be on here.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I laugh at all the people who say "They are amazing, who cares what they are made out of, I eat them anyways"... um clearly you don't care, that is why you are on MFP. Clearly, those nuggets you ate didn't help you stay fit and healthy by any means, otherwise you wouldn't be on here.

You can lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle that includes the occasional McNugget.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

It's about moderation, activity and managing macros. McDonalds doesn't make people fat.