PRODUCTS YOU LOVE!

Options
Hey everyone! I have a few food products that I love and make loosing weight a bit easier! I would also love to hear about yours! Knowledge is power!

-Brummel & Brown Yogurt Spread!- It tastes like butter, must try!!
-Welchs Reduced Sugar Jelly- tastes good and doesn't have artificial sweeteners
-Wonder Smart Wheat Bread- its a regular size piece of bread that is soft and tastes good only 50 calories a slice
-Cinnamon- add it to vanilla or plain Yogurt and use as fruit dip, add to Oatmeal, or just sprinkle on sliced Apple or Pear, it help maintain blood sugar!
-Friendly's Forbidden Chocolate Frozen Yogurt!- I hate the artificial taste of some low fat ice creams and frozen yogurts this does not have that! By far the best Ive ever had!
-Pepperidge Farm or Natures Own Deli Flats or Bagel Thins- great for mini pizzas or just to have with light cream cheese, lightly toast and add some Brummel & Brown Spread and a little cinnamon and sugar and it tastes like french toast!
-Special K bars
-Hellmans Low Fat Mayo (green lid) -best tasting low fat mayo and only has 15 calories per TBSP!
-Bordon 2% cheese- 50 calories each slice , melts great and doesn't have that rubbery taste!
-Frozen Fish- you can cook in the oven frozen and still tastes good!

This is all I can think of at the moment but I know theres more! Always looking for alternatives to high fat/calorie foods with no artificial sweeteners!

Replies

• BeingSetFree
    Options
    Oooo - thanks! I'm going to try a few of those!
  • heavensent713
    Options
    Sounds delicious, especially the yogurt spread and the cinnamon never thought of that. We will have to get some tomorrow!
  • Gina033
    Gina033 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I gave the spread to my dad (picky as hell) just put in in a glass dish at dinner so he didnt see the tub that says "made with yogurt", he had no idea, even went back for more!
  • Gina033
    Options
    Going to think of something healthy and delicious to make for lunch tomorrow!
  • Gina033
    Options
    Frozen Shoestring French Fries Baked at 425....3oz only 120 calories!!
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    Tofu Shirataki Noddles- 20 cals and 2 carbs and taste just like pasta if made correctly
  • Gina033
    Options
    Tofu Shirataki Noddles- 20 cals and 2 carbs and taste just like pasta if made correctly

I have been wanting to try these, where do u get them?
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    Safeway. Here is how a prepare them. Drain them and wash them with cold water. Boil them for around 3 minutes. Drain and squeeze out as much excess water as you can. Then I let them sit in the fridge overnight. The next day when I'm ready to eat them. I get a skillet hot with no oil or anything...just dry and "saute" them for a few minutes just to get them a little firmer. Voila!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    PB2, powdered peanut butter that is reconstituted with water.
    Carbmaster, I mix it with Plain Greek Yogurt
    Greek Yogurt, Fage 0% preferably
    Shirataki, very nice to add into Pad Thai (use pb2) or stirfry.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    sugar free popsicles/fudgiscles
    greek yogurt/icelandic skyr
    lentils and beans
    yukon gold potatoes
  • casseh
    casseh Posts: 58
    Options
    4 bean mix, great source of protein, I add it to salads, chilli, pasta sauce etc.
    Skinny cow ice cream cookies
    Home made smoothies (skim milk, Greek yoghurt, fruit)
    Vegemite
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    skinny cow ice cream bars, fiber one brownies
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    laughing cow cheese wedges. so yummy on turkey sandwiches or spread on crackers. only 35 calories per wedge
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Some of these aren't exactly products, but foods that I generally keep around the house because I love them include:
    bananas
    greek yogurt 0% (mix w/ a little stevia and almond or vanilla extract - yum!)
    chia seeds
    frozen blueberries
    hard boiled eggs (kept in the fridge)
    brown rice!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Great thread. Can people please add their countries on though? Thanks :smile:
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    love the fiber 1 brownies. all of skinny cow products are great. i like the skinny cow chocolate peanut butter wafer candy bar
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

YES :)
  • dollienj
    Options
    Arnold Fiber and Flaxseed Sandwich Thins - great for sandwiches, toast nicely, 100 calories

Babybel Light Cheese Minis

Salsa - my favorites are Trader Joe's salsa verde and Chi Chi's mild

Skinny Cow No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwiches

Trader Joe's Harvest Grains Blend - Israeli style couscous, orzo, baby garbanzo Beans and red quinoa. 1/4 cup serving has 1 g fat (I usually leave out the butter it calls for in the recipe) and a little goes a long way.

Jell-O Sugar Free LiveActive pudding - Milk Chocolate Bliss
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i been eating lettuce and fruits only last 24 days. lost about 15 and a little more lbs. need some new ideas. something other than that with low calories and carbs.
  • chiv123
    chiv123 Posts: 36
    Options
    I second the tofu shirataki noodles, as well as their cousin, "miracle rice." The rice has no calories (made of insoluble fiber) and absorbs flavors well, though some may be put off by the texture. I wouldn't say the noodles are indistinguishable from real pasta, but I like the texture. Hey, for 20 cals or 0 cals for the noodles or rice respectively, it can't hurt to see if you like them.

Also, If you live by a Meijer, they have a store version of the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches that are ony 100 cals.

Yogurt parfaits with 1cup fat free vanilla yogurt (Stonyfield), 2/3c granola with raisins (kroger brand), and 1/2cup raspberries keep me satisfied for half a day.

Fiber one makes a bar that tastes like samoa girls scout cookies and are much more forgiving, "caramel coconut fudge."

Lemon juice in my water.

Spice packs! I love dressing up food with these babies, particularly for Indian dishes. Prepared correctly, you can get a ton of flavor for relatively little calories. Just watch the sodium. On a similar note, I use sriracha sauce to make things spicier and more satisfying for little calories.

I've heard via-tops getting a lot of praise, but have not tried them myself.

Great idea for a thread!