Burger king Handspun Shakes

Options
Are Burger King's handspun shakes SERIOUSLY only 190 calories? :/ I know they're not the healthiest thing in the world, but I treat myself to them every once in a while. But I find the calorie content hard to believe, because they're a pretty decent size and taste just like any other fattening shake. What's so different about theirs that makes them only 190 calories? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I must know.

I know their site claims the strawberry handspun shake to be 190, but I know there can be typos possibly?

anyone know anything about it, or how I could find out?

Replies

• addictionxoxo
    Options
    bump
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're mostly strawberries?
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    No. 22 on the men's health list of The 24 Best (and Worst) Desserts in America.
    22. Burger King Strawberry Hand Spun Shake

190 calories
    4 g fat (2.5 g saturated)
    31 g sugars

A shake ordered through most drive-through windows pushes close to 600 calories. That doesn’t make BK’s version necessarily healthy, but ordering the "Hand Spun" version cuts the caloric load by 70 percent.

the straight-up medium strawberry shake, though?
    Strawberry Shake (medium)

630 calories
    15 g fat (11 g saturated)
    102 g sugars

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/node/186059
  • addictionxoxo
    Options
    I saw that, and figured maybe they got it from the website also, but thankyou! :)
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    what size is the handspun? I loves ice cream and 190 isn't too bad!
  • addictionxoxo
    Options
    Regular size :) They have regular and large. I have no idea how many are in their larges though it doesn't say anywhere.
  • kidswriter
    Options
    http://www.bk.com/en/us/menu-nutrition/snacks-203/desserts-234/strawberry-hand-spun-shake-m46/index.html

I had one recently, and when I checked the BK site, it shows the small strawberry hand spun shake coming in at 500 calories. Don't know where all that 190 calorie information came from, but I saw it on various diet-related sites. Too bad:drinker:
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Strawberry SUNDAE is 190