Anyone NOT with an ED want to be friends?

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Add me if youd like im trying to go the healthy way, learn a new way to eat to keep off my lbs:)) No eating disorder here
  • I don't even know off hand what ED stands for. The only ED I can think of men suffer from it so no I don't have it lol (I'm only kidding i know thats not what your talking about.)

I have lost 42 lbs now with diet and excercise. if you want friends that eat normal food please feel free to friend me. You shouldn't be surrounded by fasting people like the others say it is not good for your body. I'm trying to lose the weight the healthy way. if you want a friend hit me up.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Sorry to be so blunt, but I had to delete most of my friend list after realizing most of them were encouraging each other to fast and to become 85 pounds. As being a person who is already having a hard time looking in the mirror even when most people say i am fine, i need support from healthy people :)

Anyone trying to do this the healthy way?

I'm not sure if you were jesting when you said 85. I assume you were just saying that as a way of saying people wanted to weigh less than is healthy. Either way, fasting is stupid. And, like one of the guys said, skinny looks bad. Women - well men too -- look better, sexier and healthier with some weight, some muscle and curves (women only with the curves.) Skinny is ugly.

Personally, I eat what I want. I just eat small portions. I don't make a pig of myself. My problem is that my meds put weight on and tend to keep it on. Losing it is awfully hard. Close to impossible. But I maintain a weight that would get me in the Army if I was younger. So, I'll take it.

There are lots of people on here who are sensible. Lots of them obsess a bit more than I like. But I did the same when I was younger. Much to my regret.

I tend to prefer folks who eat right and take care of themselves but don't obsess or go overboard. In other words, sensible folks.

Feel free to add me if you like.

Feel free to add me with a message as to why you want to be friends :) Thank you
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    When I was growing up I had a VERY unhealthy relationship with food, it wasn't your typical eating disorder but it certainly wasn't good for me. Anyway, fast forward through seven years and you will see me finally eating better but not right or the right foods. Come forward to now and I eat what I want, when I want. I just eat in moderation, use portion control, never go over my net 1200 and exercise as and when I want to but a minimum of four hours a week.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    I'll send a request.

I eat. I exercise. My goal is 180 (where I'm comfortable for my body type) and I eat back my exercise calories. My diary is also opened.
  • trolkeeper
    trolkeeper Posts: 127 Member
    call me naive, but I was wondering why so many thin young girls were on here ???? I'm in add me.
  • always12go
    always12go Posts: 14 Member
    no ED here and no fasting either. i'm trying to do this the old fashion way, nothing but eating healthy and exercising. that's hard enough :)
  • funauntsherry
    funauntsherry Posts: 41 Member
    I'm on board,,,,no fasting for me I just had a blizzard from dairy queen!!!!!! Lol

I hear ya... i have a (very decadent) cookie each day if I feel the need. I try to eat healthy and bump up the activity. I've been doing it for 1 year and counting and it's working! :)
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    me! proper diet and exercise is my only option to lose this weight. No gimmicks. I do my time in the gym 6 days a week and I try to only eat back the majority or all of exercise calories on the weekend. I want to take my time and never have to do this ever again!
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    I've lost 33 lbs. since July...the old fashioned way: eating more healthy food and working out. I still eat a lot, but instead of running through McD's I'll make something healthy to eat. I generally eat 6x a day....because I think it's helped my metabolism...and crap, I'm just freakin' hungry every 2-3 hours. It's super rare that I miss a meal - and if I do, it's because of work, not because I forgot. HAHAHA. I also pretty regularly eat back my exercise calories - maybe not 100% of the time, but pretty dang close. HAHA.

My diary is open. My original goal weight was 150 and I'm now 145. I'm 5'5" - and was debating whether or not to try for 135-140, but opted that I'm just one of those people who will be better off not sweating the number on the scale so much now. I figure if I can fit a size 6 skirt, I should be happy enough. :)

So, I've put myself close to maintenance calories - just a little lower. If I can lose an extra 5 lbs. great; if not, also fine. Now the plan is to tone up and get more cut.

if this sounds like a friend you'd like to have, feel free to add me. :)
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    I have to admit, my oldest daughter (21) is 5 foot and weighs 95 pds. She eats and cannot gain weight. My youngest daugher (15) is 5'5" and weights 117. It is weird how they are so different from each other height wise and weight wise.

I am doing my weight loss journey the old fashion way sweat and eating properly. If you would like to add me, feel free to do so!!
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    I only fast during Ramadan loool :P

I'm doing this the good old fashion way, I've had enough with eating 500 calories a day :P
  • This is the way it should be and I agree with deleting people who are fasting. Not good for the body and 85 lbs is only acceptable for children!

Yup. :) I eat .. like actually eat. I like food and I lose weight. No problems here. :smile:
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    No ED here just a matter of stuffing my face with too much food for too many years. Now I'm doing it the right way. It aggravates me to see some diaries showing 800 calories or so a day and I call them out on it. But everytime others will simply say WTG! Great on Staying Under! BS!

My friends knew my conditions from reading my blogs. I vowed to be 100% honest and call it the way I see it. I also expect the same in return. For every time I encourage people to change this or that, there will be 15 others saying good job. D"ont understand it! I dont need or want a pat on the back when I do something totally insane. Heck I kick myself all over the place if I get 1190 and trying to get to 1200 for the day.

Feel free to add me if you like honesty and want to be friends with an older woman who thinks 145 will probably look good on me.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    So feel free to laugh (and I'm totally not lying here when I say this) but the first thing I thought when I read the subject line on my home page was, "What does erectile dysfunction have to do with being friends/losing weight?" Haha. I kid you not.

But yeah, I'm all for losing weight the healthy way by actually eating and exercising. So feel free to friend away.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    I hate when people do fasting cuz it's not good for your body at all! It's just a way to slow down the metabolism and lose weight slower. Not the way to go at all!!! Losing weight is about workong out your hardest and eating clean/healthy!

Actually, short-term fasting is very beneficial -- we even have an Intermittent Fasting forum on here, which I recommend checking out. Having said that, that's mainly for bodybuilding -- cutting fat while maintaining muscle mass. It doesn't even slightly slow down the metabolism, and it boosts actual fat loss (opposed to muscle and water loss, which long-term fasting DOES). Then again, it only works if you eat properly the rest of the time, paying special attention to protein, etc.

5'5" and 88lbs is repulsive...and scary as hell. Anyone encouraging THAT needs to be smacked.
  • arleentis
    arleentis Posts: 34 Member
    First, let me say, I read all the comments because the topic got me interested, I to did not know what ED was. I was thinking it related to education. Second, I really loved reading the comments, it's great to see so many people doing it the right way. Third, I would say friend me but I'm not on that much that I could really help anyone. And lastly, fasting is great for religious beliefs, maybe a day to get started on a backslide or a jumpstart, but I could never completely give up food, even when I fasted for 21 days for church it was a fruit and veggie fast, not a complete foodless period.
    Anyway, good luck to all of you out there and maybe we could all help those people with ED's get a grip on life. 85 LBS, you have got to be kidding me... my goal wght it 170.a far cry from 85.. LOL have a great day.
    :flowerforyou:
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    as far as I know I don't have an ED either....so add me if you like. I will be as suppotive and motivational as I can be :flowerforyou:
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    No ED here just a matter of stuffing my face with too much food for too many years. Now I'm doing it the right way. It aggravates me to see some diaries showing 800 calories or so a day and I call them out on it. But everytime others will simply say WTG! Great on Staying Under! BS!

My friends knew my conditions from reading my blogs. I vowed to be 100% honest and call it the way I see it. I also expect the same in return. For every time I encourage people to change this or that, there will be 15 others saying good job. D"ont understand it! I dont need or want a pat on the back when I do something totally insane. Heck I kick myself all over the place if I get 1190 and trying to get to 1200 for the day.

Feel free to add me if you like honesty and want to be friends with an older woman who thinks 145 will probably look good on me.

This is why I am so glad you are my MFP friend...you called me out on those 3 sweet rolls! tee-hee!
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    I am looking to be/stay healthy. I am also looking for 'like-minded' friends. Would love some, if anyone is interested, contact me!