how often?

Options
How many times a week should I be working out? When have you started noticing a difference from working out? I am the type that gets bummed when I don't see fast results, so I am trying to be patient! :blushing:

Replies

• bright__eyes
    Options
    i aim to work out every day, that way im working out at least 5 days a week if my work sced gets changed or i dont get to the gym in time. i noticed my body getting more defined in about 2 weeks but weight loss does take a while, i didnt see much until i lost about 10 pounds. patience is a virtue! good luck!
  • maluprincess
    Options
    I get to the gym at least 5 days a week, I like to give myself weekends off if I've been good during the week. My body needs a rest and usually it doesn't fit in well with busy weekends anyhow.

Weight loss does take a while, but my clothes do fit differently and I see and feel changes in my figure which serves as a reminder on the days I lack motivation. It took 2 weeks of major diet changes and working out moderately to see and feel the changes.

I struggle with wanting immediate results too but I just try to keep reminding myself that it'll come soon as long as I stick to it!
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Personally, I work out six days a week, but it averages out to about a half an hour a day, mostly cardio (if I work out three hours a week, approximately 45 minutes of that is with weights). That's really not a lot. For me, though, I've seen pretty quick and steady weight loss, as well as obvious physical changes to my body, so that's encouraging. I'd say I started noticing a difference after about two weeks. The scale changed after a couple of days. I started out on the heavy side, though. The more you have to lose, the more quickly you're apt to see results. The key is to be patient, and not let impatience stop you from being active.
  • irishbabe_78
    irishbabe_78 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!