New to the site, very excited!

Options
Hi all! I'm Anne and I'm new to this site...I already love it! I was using the app on my tablet but I really like the web version as well. I am a mother of 4. After having my third baby I lost 30 pounds and was at my high school weight. Now, after having my fourth in November of 2010, I am heavier than I've ever been in my life. We are going on a family vacation to NC in July and I am bound and determined to be back in shape by then! I am not wearing my swim dress, in fact...I will take great pleasure in throwing it away lol. I can't wait to meet people and share in success and support!

Replies

• JennArlen
    JennArlen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Anne! We have alot in common! I am new to the message groups, but have been using MFP for a little while. I am also a mother of 4 and also just had my 4th in november, 2010! He was born on the 10th!
  • AnneH1977
    AnneH1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, Wyatt was born on the 16th! (He's who I'm holding in my pic ;) Congrats and good luck with your weight loss and...Toddlerhood...eek...lol =)
    Hi Anne! We have alot in common! I am new to the message groups, but have been using MFP for a little while. I am also a mother of 4 and also just had my 4th in november, 2010! He was born on the 10th!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

Best advice I can pass along . . .

Eat your exercise calories.

You should eat back your exercise calories.
    Simply stated MFP has already figured out your total calories you need to eat per day to lose 1lb etc. a week.
    That's WITHOUT exercise. You'll notice that when you actually add exercise in, the calorie limit goes up.
    Why? Because it's telling you to eat your exercise calories.
    Large deficits aren't really good to do because while you will lose weight, what kind of weight will it be?
    In many cases you'll lose lean muscle tissue which LOWERS your metabolic rate even more.
    Then you have to eat even less to compensate for less of a calorie burn to continue to lose the same amount
    of weight each week.

Be efficient.
    Exercise hard and eat back the calories. The hard exercise will RAISE your metabolic rate and burn more fat at rest.
  • JennArlen
    JennArlen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks! How old are you other ones? I have 3 girls and then my little boy... Emilee is 6 (turning 7 in March), Taylor is 3, Saydie is 2 and Max is 14 months! They keep me on my toes for sure!