Newbie :)

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Melanie, and I'm from New Brunswick Canada. A friend of my recommended this site, and I love it already. There seems to be such amazing people and support here.

I am very unhappy about my appearance, and I want to change. I want to feel happier, healthier and most of all more comfortable with my body. I want to be able to go out into the public with my family, and not feel embarrassed about my weight. I want to play with my son, and not feel drained from a simple tickle fight. I want my whole life to change for the better, and most of all change for the best! This weight HAS to come off! I'm only shortening my life, and my family needs me. I'm in my 20's, and I'm 300lbs. I want to live life to the fullest, but it's so hard when I'm so overweight. I plan on getting on track, I plan on being a better person and I plan on being a new me!

Please don't hesitate to add me as a friend, or send a message my way. I love making new friends, and having others who truly understand what I'm going through.

Hugs!
:heart:

Replies

• avalou11
    Options
    Welcome Melanie! I'm Autumn and I just joined the other day. I feel the same way you do. I just had my daughter 4 months ago and so far have only lost 10 out of the 50lbs I gained while pregnant. My goal is to lose 75-100lbs. I want my confidence and body back!
  • MarissaGetsSkinny
    Options
    Hello there! I'm Marissa and I have actually had this for awhile but never used it. I am probably the best yo yo er in the US but after having my son 8 months ago and staying at a whooping 162lbs (I am only 5'1) I am going to get to business. I want to love myself and not do it with food!
  • sdpg81
    sdpg81 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Rebecca. I just joined yesterday. I really like the site because I have to see the food I ate through the day on the site. It really helps. I have a lot of weight to lose. Slowly through the years I have gotten soooo big. I'm so tired of people's rude remarks and the older my children get the more it affect them. Besides I read somewhere that someone my age (30) has a life expectancy of about 31 and I am not done with my life. I like the forums because there isn't much support I feel at home for me so seeing other people making the change makes me not feel so alone. Please feel free to friend me. I will try as much as possible to be there for you all along the way as well.
  • melanielee86
    melanielee86 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Autumn, thank you so much for the welcome! Congratulate you on your daughter!! That's such exciting news. I have a 4 year old boy, and it seems like just yesterday he was born. Time flies way too fast. I also gained 50 pounds while pregnant (we seem so a like haha!), I feel your pain. I was big to begin with, but not this big!!! We can do this!!! It's going to be a hard journey, but worth it!! :heart:
  • melanielee86
    Options
    Congratulations on your son!!! :) I have a son as well, but he's 4! Being a mommy is such an amazing job. I'm a huge yo yo-er... It's ridiculous! Hopefully we can both stick to this! Never ever hesitate to message me! :)
  • ramsesmeza
    Options
    welcome dear! I can only tell you two things: "HARD WORK PAYS OFF" and "YOU CAN DO IT".
    The only thing you'll be losing are pounds ;)
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    welcome im also new too so we all can have fun losing weight together
  • melanielee86
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Rebecca. I just joined yesterday. I really like the site because I have to see the food I ate through the day on the site. It really helps. I have a lot of weight to lose. Slowly through the years I have gotten soooo big. I'm so tired of people's rude remarks and the older my children get the more it affect them. Besides I read somewhere that someone my age (30) has a life expectancy of about 31 and I am not done with my life. I like the forums because there isn't much support I feel at home for me so seeing other people making the change makes me not feel so alone. Please feel free to friend me. I will try as much as possible to be there for you all along the way as well.

Hi Rebecca, welcome to the site! Your comment brought tears to my eyes! You deserve to be healthy, and feel great! We all do! Let's show all those negative people how much we can accomplish! You seem like such an amazing and caring person. I appreciate your comment a ton! I will be there for you as well! We CAN do this!!! :heart:
  • melanielee86
    Options
    welcome im also new too so we all can have fun losing weight together

Thanks so much for the welcome, and a huge welcome to you as well!!!! Let's lose these pounds!!!
  • melanielee86
    Options
    welcome dear! I can only tell you two things: "HARD WORK PAYS OFF" and "YOU CAN DO IT".
    The only thing you'll be losing are pounds ;)

Thank you so much for the comment! You're so right!!!! I have a lot more weight to lose, and I don't want to give up!
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard and good luck!
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I added you!